Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Microsoft MN700 G router and Remote Control

Microsoft MN700 G router and Remote Control

=?Utf-8?B?QXNpZg==?=

I have Microsoft MN700 G router on Windows XP Pro PC and home networking set
up already. How can I remotely acces to my computer at home from my work?

Sooner Al [MVP]

Remote Desktop is a good way since your running XP Pro at home...

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.or...eshooting.html

You can also run Remote Desktop through a Secure Shell (SSH) tunnel for
added security...I recommend using a private/public key pair for
authentication versus a password...

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.or...VNCandSSH.html

With that said, you really need to contact your work network administrators
about this issue. There may be company policies that bar you from connecting
an untrusted host/network (your home PC and network) to a trusted PC/network
(your work PC and network)...

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

benefit of all of us...