Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > OT: How stupid ARE people? This makes Apple look very legit by comparison

OT: How stupid ARE people? This makes Apple look very legit by comparison

John A.

On Thu, 7 Jul 2011 19:31:12 +0100, "R. Mark Clayton"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Robert Coe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>

>SNIP
>>
>> I don't know about your Jesus, but mine is the one who told his
>> colleagues,
>> "Whenever you guys go out for a few glasses of wine after a hard day of
>> saving
>> souls, hoist one for me!"

>Started as he meant us to go on too - first sign of divinity - turning water
>in to wine when the booze ran out at a [wedding] party...

I've been known to turn wine into water.

John Turco

Savageduck wrote:

> >> Making money is stupid. Better to lose money but adhere to the tenets
> >> of Rich's religion.

> > The U.S. doomed itself when:
> > 1. It stopped innovating.
> > 2. It stopped being its own best customer.

> We never stopped innovating. (Think Apple)
>
> The problem is the movement of manufacturing off-shore, so that we
> became their best customer, buying the products we developed through
> our innovation. All with foreign credit, we remain the great market
> which the Chinese cannot afford to kill.

Too true! The U.S.A. is still a formidable force, where intellectual
property is concerned -- and always will be.

--
Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>

John Turco

George Kerby wrote:

> > "RichA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

<edited for brevity>

> > Could sell our oil to the Chinese and watch you Americans in mile-long
> > line-ups at gas stations, like during the last A-rab embargo in the
> > Carter years. You can't tell us to p--- off because we supply most of
> > your raw materials and oil. You can't tell the Chinese whom you
> > borrow trillions off, you are F-------, as F------ as Greece only on a
> > MUCH larger scale.
> > Good luck with all that...

> You are amazingly so full of **** it is a wonder that your toilet hasn't
> suddenly exploded and sent you thru the roof. Your country doesn't supply
> anything, you moron. If it wasn't for the USA, you'd still be bowing to
> the Queen of England. Get over it...

A figurehead "leader"...big deal! One may as well worship the Monarch of
Mars, for all the meaning it entails.

--
Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>

John Turco

Robert Coe wrote:

> : On Mon, 04 Jul 2011 21:02:39 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (GMAN) wrote:
> : > RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

<edited for brevity>

> : > The U.S. doomed itself when:
> : > 1. It stopped innovating.
> : > 2. It stopped being its own best customer.
> :
> :
> : We became doomed when we non stop gave trillions of dollars to third world
> : countries such as yours in aid .
>
> Before you finish making a total jackass of yourself, you might want to google
> "Third World" and find out what the term actually means (and how well Canada
> fits that definition).
>
> Bob

Most likely, "GMAN" was just being facetious.

--
Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>

John Turco

Eric Stevens wrote:

> > On Fri, 08 Jul 2011 22:47:06 -0500, John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > wrote:

<edited for brevity>

> >> We never stopped innovating. (Think Apple)
> >>
> >> The problem is the movement of manufacturing off-shore, so that we
> >> became their best customer, buying the products we developed through
> >> our innovation. All with foreign credit, we remain the great market
> >> which the Chinese cannot afford to kill.

> > Too true! The U.S.A. is still a formidable force, where intellectual
> > property is concerned -- and always will be.

> I suggest you ask the shareholders of Rambus for their opinion on that.
>
> Regards,
>
> Eric Stevens

That's good ol' American know-how, as I'd implied. If other companies
are "rip-off" artists, it's an entirely different matter.

--
Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>