Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > BaseCamp Application won't start

BaseCamp Application won't start

Mabinoion Mabinoion is offline
Junior Member

Hi
I would just like to explain that BaseCamp is a web program to be used with the Garmin Dakota 20 GPS Handheld for hiking and tracking so you can make tracks and upload any walks/hikes etc you have done to the BaseCamp program or draw tracks etc and transfer them to the GPS.

So I thought someone on this site could help as I don't know what to do now because I ran a disk clean up program called PC Care and I think it has done something to my BaseCamp program which was fine before that ~ now I am unable to start Basecamp as a window pops up and says'Basecamp Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you are in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost. So why do you think this is happening?
I have uninstalled the program and downloaded the new version but it still does the same thing ~ I have done a System Restore but it still doesn't work so any suggestions please as to why the Application won't open. I am using Windows XP
Otherwise how can I view my maps? I need to use BaseCamp to view and make maps.
Thanks