Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Unattainable nifty items...

Unattainable nifty items...

Richard

On 7/5/2011 11:38 AM, ~misfit~ wrote:
> Somewhere on teh intarwebs victor wrote:
>> On 4/07/2011 2:26 p.m., ~misfit~ wrote:

> [snip]
>>> Ho-hum. Maybe there's a supplier in Aussie who sells them retail....

>> I found a US online source for single items
>> http://www.sfcable.com/YL-3514.html

> That's the buggers! Same part number (which I obfuscated in my earlier pic
> on the tiny chance there was an opportunity for me to make a buck....
> Unfortunately I don't have the dosh for the MOQ of 3K units [even though
> they've sent me the invoice etc already] and aren't sure I could move them
> anyway).
>
> http://www.yung-li.com.tw/en/product..._australia.htm

Or that you could do that legally, but yung-li is a large manufacturer
of power cables that do have all the right marks and documents so the
chances are good that they would be legal. I still dont know if they
would be a declarable item tho. Risks are too high IMO that you would be
left with a whole lot of stuff that you cant move on legally and some
pencilpusher from ESS with a vendetta against you making it impossible.

> Odd that they'd be selling an Australasian power adapter in the US.<shrug>

Not really, many companies there build up racks etc to send out
overseas, just like in china all the foreign cables etc are easily
available, even legit ones with all the test results.

>> I didn't look at their shipping.

> Nor I. The US$0.680 bulk price has already increased four-fold and shipping
> from the US is notorius for it's astronomical prices.
>
> Cheers,

Not if they will do airmail, and thats really fast from the USA unlike
hongkong