Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Windows Wireless Manager Can't See Netowork

Windows Wireless Manager Can't See Netowork

=?Utf-8?B?UkQ=?=

This is odd. At home, when I attempt to view my wireless network, it does
not show up in the Wireless Network Connection window. But my neighbor's
"linksys" unsecured network is visible. And at work I can view the "guest"
wireless network.

I am using a Linksys WRT54GS router. My laptop has an Intell PRO/Wireless
2200bg inernal adapter. The router is configured to not broadcast the SSID
and uses WPA-PSK encryption. I have also implemented MAC address filtering.

To get around the problem I stopped the Wireless Zero Configuration service
and used the Inter PROSet/Wireless software to configure the connection.
This works fine.

I would just like to understand why the Windows Wireless Manager application
can see other wireless networks but not mine. Thanks in advance for any

Kind regards,
RD
Walnut Creek, CA USA