Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Check Coding Rules

Check Coding Rules

vytaliss vytaliss is offline
Junior Member

Hi,
I coded a small script in Perl, which check some coding rules (not the same for everyone I guess).
It works on windows, maybe on Linux...
It's about case, declaration of signal and constant, number of row per line, label on process:
By example, all signal have to start with "sig_", constant by "cst_", keywords have to be in uppercase....
You just have to fill the "my $PROJECT_PATH="Y:\\folder\\folder\\hdl";" field, to indicate the folder where u work.
Or to comment the indicated part if u directly launch the script from the folder where the code is.

check.pl name_of_file.vhd : to check one file
check.pl : to check the whole folder.
check.pl > bob.txt: redirect to a file

I put an extract of a log to give an example (bob.txt) of the results.

PS: u have to rename check.txt as check.pl
If u have comments/debug/improvement, please let me know.
I hope it will help.
Thx
Attached Files
File Type: txt bob.txt (6.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: txt check.txt (15.4 KB, 1 views)

Coding rules? Peter VHDL 6 05-16-2008 02:39 PM
coding Access Rules GaryDean ASP .Net Security 1 07-02-2007 04:48 AM
C & C++ Coding Standards: Objective versus Subjective Rules pat@abxsoft.com C Programming 0 12-05-2006 05:41 PM
rules for Cisco PIX 525 firewall rules KAS Cisco 2 10-02-2005 07:12 PM
C++ Coding Standards : 101 Rules, Guidelines, and Best Practices Stuart Gerchick C++ 27 11-12-2004 04:05 AM

Advertisments