Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > A question to photographers

A question to photographers

Whisky-dave

Well I dont; want to strictly define photographers but :-

Do you think Black & white look the same colour but at differnt
intensities ?

Sandman

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)>,
Whisky-dave <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Well I dont; want to strictly define photographers but :-
>
> Do you think Black & white look the same colour but at differnt
> intensities ?

Basically, the photo from actual black & white always will be vividly
some form of hue that translates widely regarded as but Photoshop and
levels that adjust will according to opinion that will be formed.

But don't. Always on another course taken find saturation that smooth
from tri-color channels. As expected. At both intensities.

--
Sandman[.net]

Robert Coe

:
: Do you think Black & white look the same colour but at differnt
: intensities ?

A bit of an oversimplification, but yes. With the understanding that the three
constituent colo(u)rs retain the same relative intensities throughout.

BTW, feel free to ignore those oafish responders who are seemingly unable to
parse a grammatically correct, if imperfectly punctuated, English sentence.
;^)

Bob

Whisky-dave

On Jun 24, 6:26 pm, (E-Mail Removed) (Floyd L. Davidson) wrote:

> >WD>Just because black and white look the same to a blind man it doesn't
> >WD>make them the same.

> To a photographer, however, they look like the *same*
> *color* at different intensities.

If you can explain the above

Bruce

Whisky-dave <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Well I dont; want to strictly define photographers but :-
>
>Do you think Black & white look the same colour but at differnt
>intensities ?

Too much Whisky, Dave?

.... or perhaps not enough ...

Robert Coe

On Fri, 1 Jul 2011 00:47:05 -0400, "Gary Eickmeier" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
:
: news:(E-Mail Removed)...
: > wrote:
: > : Well I dont; want to strictly define photographers but :-
: > :
: > : Do you think Black & white look the same colour but at differnt
: > : intensities ?
: >
: > A bit of an oversimplification, but yes. With the understanding that the
: > three
: > constituent colo(u)rs retain the same relative intensities throughout.
: >
: > BTW, feel free to ignore those oafish responders who are seemingly unable
: > parse a grammatically correct, if imperfectly punctuated, English
: > sentence.
:
: You understood it? I think they guy must be color blind.

Yes, I did. And who is "they guy"?

Bob

Robert Coe

On Fri, 01 Jul 2011 14:17:15 +0100, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: Whisky-dave <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: >Well I dont; want to strictly define photographers but :-
: >
: >Do you think Black & white look the same colour but at differnt
: >intensities ?
:
:
: Too much Whisky, Dave?
:
: ... or perhaps not enough ...

From the way he spells "color", I don't think it's that he's getting the jump
on the Fourth of July! ;^)

Now as for the rest of us, OTOH, ...

Bob

Phil

On Jun 30, 11:38*am, "tcroyer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "Whisky-dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > Well I dont; want to strictly define photographers but :-

> > Do you think Black & white look the same colour but at differnt
> > intensities ?

> If you'll translate that question into English, I'll be glad to offer my
> opinion.

Nice manners

Phil

On Jun 30, 12:05*pm, Sandman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In article
> <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>
> *Whisky-dave <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Well I dont; want to strictly define photographers but :-

> > Do you think Black & white look the same colour but at differnt
> > intensities ?

> Basically, the photo from actual black & white always will be vividly
> some form of hue that translates widely regarded as but Photoshop and
> levels that adjust will according to opinion that will be formed.
>
> But don't. Always on another course taken find saturation that smooth
> from tri-color channels. As expected. At both intensities.
>
> --
> Sandman[.net]

Another ill mannered buffoon

Sandman

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)>,
Phil <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Jun 30, 12:05*pm, Sandman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > In article
> > <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> >
> > *Whisky-dave <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > > Well I dont; want to strictly define photographers but :-

> > > Do you think Black & white look the same colour but at differnt
> > > intensities ?

> > Basically, the photo from actual black & white always will be vividly
> > some form of hue that translates widely regarded as but Photoshop and
> > levels that adjust will according to opinion that will be formed.
> >
> > But don't. Always on another course taken find saturation that smooth
> > from tri-color channels. As expected. At both intensities.
> >
> > --
> > Sandman[.net]

> Another ill mannered buffoon

I was making a joke