Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > US DID Numbers

US DID Numbers

Steve Hayes

On Sat, 02 Jul 2011 10:15:50 +0100, Anthony R. Gold wrote:

[snip]

> Thanks, but that would not achieve my primary objective of being able to
> pick up calls made to the IPKall US number at multiple locations.

Snap! That's exactly the same reason I didn't persist with it. You can
reconfigure IPKall as you move around but it's not something you'd want
to do on the off chance that someone will call that way.

I'd think for most people though it would be a good enough workaround.

--
Steve Hayes, South Wales, UK -- remove colours from address

News Reader

"Graham." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:iuk9i6$i1s$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Anthony R. Gold" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Fri, 1 Jul 2011 01:47:41 +0100, "Graham." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> You can't point a URI to sipgate.co.uk they block it somehow, it's a
>>> known issue.

>> Many thanks. I can now stop banging my head against the wall on that one.
>>
>> Old question no-one answered: I can connect more than one ATA or
>> softphone to
>> sipgate but if I cause a device or softphone to register with VOIPCheap
>> it
>> appears to disconnect any device or softphone that had already been
>> registered. Is that my finger problem or another "known issue"?

> The only device I am aware of that disconnects itself if it detects a
> registration elsewhere
> is Betamax's own softphone. As I think I mentioned before generic
> softphones like X-Lite
> don't exhibit this "feature".
>
> Back to sipgate.com for a moment, I am pretty sure that since I managed to
> sign up for my
> account they have put an additional level of security that involves a SMS
> sent to a US cell phone
> As I don't know anyone who I could ask to receive such a messages on my
> behalf that would be a show-stopper for me.
>

> --
> Graham.
>
> %Profound_observation%

Hi,

Google Voice numbers I believe support or have full SMS (network status,
registration, or mobile phone, status, etc.) capability (amongst others)?

Best wishes,

News Reader

News Reader

"GlowingBlueMist" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:iuiv0b$7m9$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 6/30/2011 5:13 PM, Anthony R. Gold wrote:
>> On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 22:56:05 +0100, "Anthony R. Gold"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> There is no such a list anywhere;

>> Sorry, that was wrong, there is indeed a list - but still it's one of
>> states
>> for which sipgate has no numbers.
>>

> I see the problem now. As I had no actual interest in obtaining an number
> from them I had not previously tried the "Sign up now!" button.
>
> Oh well, with luck and a little time they will get some more numbers for
> use somewhere. In the mean time ipkall.com appears to still have numbers,
> even if they are limited to Washington state.

Hi,

.... amongst countless others (honestly or literally!)... some may be more
stalwart or long-term than others, but none the less.

E.g. as recently indicated or posted here, whistlephone.com - will provide
you a full SIP registrar account with inbound US DID (largely of your
selection I believe) (not like most of the other free DID / [US] [VoIP]
phone service providers - this example limits calls to twenty minute
duration, plus a few other tweaks or quirks - lol!). (It seems pretty cool
or good though[?]).

If you really want a few more or a longer list, advise(!)(just ask). I think
somebody already pointed to voip-info.org earlier (in an earlier post in
this newsgroup).

Best wishes,

News Reader

Anthony R. Gold

On Tue, 5 Jul 2011 17:03:21 +0100, "News Reader" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Google Voice numbers I believe support or have full SMS (network status,
> registration, or mobile phone, status, etc.) capability (amongst others)?

I can certainly receive SMS on my GV (ex-Grand Central) numbers.

Ria Elaine

On 30/06/11 12:37, Gordon Henderson wrote:
> In article<(E-Mail Removed) >,
> Anthony R. Gold<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 04:56:46 -0500, GlowingBlueMist
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Go through the list at this link and you should be able to locate one.
>>> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/D...vice+Providers

>> Thanks for the pointer but I have not yet found anyone who offers a USA DID
>> phone number that can be received by SIP softphone or ATA without buying an
>> outward calling plan that comes with monthly or annual subscription charges.

> http://www.ipkall.com/
>
> Limited area codes though.
>
> Gordon

And doesn't work to Sipgate accounts. I have to keep my Gradwell account
open purely to receive IPKall calls, anyone know a free SIP service
which will terminate them..?

--
Much love,
Ria xx

Graham.

> And doesn't work to Sipgate accounts. I have to keep my Gradwell account open purely to receive IPKall calls, anyone know a free
> SIP service which will terminate them..?

Yes, localphone.com

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Anthony R. Gold

On Sun, 10 Jul 2011 12:53:27 +0100, "Graham." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> And doesn't work to Sipgate accounts. I have to keep my Gradwell account open purely to receive IPKall calls, anyone know a free
>> SIP service which will terminate them..?

> Yes, localphone.com

Does localhone allow multiple simultaneous registered clients (or whatever a
SIP phone or ATA is called) so that calls to IPKall can ring on all of a
number of instruments in different parts of the world?

At present I have my Google Voice calls (which have nicely appropriate phone
numbers) forwarded to IPKall, which then go to a free SIP address at
Concentric http://www.callcentric.com/, one of the service providers that
IPKall recommends. Maybe one day GV will embrace VOIP directly and I can cut
IPKall out of the loop. IPKall is the weakest link with their threat of
number loss after 30 days of inactivity.

Gordon Henderson

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Ria Elaine <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On 30/06/11 12:37, Gordon Henderson wrote:
>> In article<(E-Mail Removed) >,
>> Anthony R. Gold<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>free or for

>>> Thanks for the pointer but I have not yet found anyone who offers a USA DID
>>> phone number that can be received by SIP softphone or ATA without buying an
>>> outward calling plan that comes with monthly or annual subscription charges.

>> http://www.ipkall.com/
>>
>> Limited area codes though.
>>
>> Gordon

>And doesn't work to Sipgate accounts.

No. I'd not expect it to either.

IPKall provides incoming calls. Sipgate provides incoming (& outgoing)
calls. It would be like having 2 BT sockets in your house and plumbing
them both together.

> I have to keep my Gradwell account
>open purely to receive IPKall calls, anyone know a free SIP service
>which will terminate them..?

IPKall is a SIP riginating service (for lack of a better term) You
connect SIP phones to it. If you had a phone that could handle 2 accounts,
one account could talk to IPKall, and the other to Sipgate. No need for
Gradwell at all. (unless you need a Gradwell account, then you need a
3rd account in your phone to talk to Gradwell) Many SIP desk phones can
do this - most of the non bottom-range phones have 4 accounts or more.

However - from the "you get what you pay for" department, there is
pbxes.com - e.g. https://www6.pbxes.com/iptel_virtual-pbx.html This is
a free hosted PBX that will let you plug in up to 5 SIP services and 5
SIP endpoints (e.g. VoIP deskphones, softphones, etc) and plumb
them all together. There are limits because they're carrying your
bandwidth, and paying for it, but that's the price to pay for a free
service...

(I also offer a similar service, but it's not free and really aimed
at businesses)

Gordon

Did this stop working? Or did it ever work? (metamagic) Daniel Waite Ruby 2 05-01-2008 11:08 PM
DID Numbers s180401-1@yahoo.com VOIP 4 11-28-2005 05:22 AM
multiple DID ( virtual Numbers ) sipura SPA-3000 SIP2PSTN VOIP 8 07-26-2005 02:42 PM
I did the run, cmd thing, and my video actually did mess up. The Maitch Computer Support 0 04-25-2005 11:37 PM
cisco t1 isdn call to DID or DID no ring tone optimus Cisco 1 12-31-2003 04:35 PM

Advertisments