Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > can I distribute Microsoft.VC90.CRT files?

can I distribute Microsoft.VC90.CRT files?

miamia

hello,

I find out that my program needs
Microsoft.VC90.CRT.manifest,msvcm90.dll,msvcp90.dl l,msvcr90.dll files
when I want to run it on win 64bit systems. I find these files in
some other software.
Can I simply take it from another software then include it to my
program folder and distribute it this way? Is it violation or not?

J.O. Aho

miamia wrote:
> hello,
>
> I find out that my program needs
> Microsoft.VC90.CRT.manifest,msvcm90.dll,msvcp90.dl l,msvcr90.dll files
> when I want to run it on win 64bit systems. I find these files in
> some other software.
> Can I simply take it from another software then include it to my
> program folder and distribute it this way? Is it violation or not?

Read the EULA that comes with Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package.

--

//Aho

Chaz

On Jun 27, 1:29*pm, "J.O. Aho" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> miamia wrote:
> > hello,

> > I find out that my program needs
> > Microsoft.VC90.CRT.manifest,msvcm90.dll,msvcp90.dl l,msvcr90.dll files
> > when I want to run it on *win 64bit systems. I find these files in
> > some other software.
> > Can I simply take it from another software then include it to my
> > program folder and distribute it this way? Is it violation or not?

> Read the EULA that comes with Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package.
>
> --
>
> * //Aho

PLEASE RESPOND WITH AN ANSWER NEXT TIME

Ross Ridge

Chaz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> PLEASE RESPOND WITH AN ANSWER NEXT TIME

READ THE EULA THAT COMES WITH THE MICROSOFT VISUAL C++ REDISTRIBUTABLE PACKAGE.

I hope that helps.

Ross Ridge

--
l/ // Ross Ridge -- The Great HTMU