Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > new system back up CD

Reply
Thread Tools

new system back up CD

 
 
iccsi
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-27-2011
I bought a new Windows 7 machine, it does not ask me to create a
backup CD when I first to use the Windows . Does it make sense?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
iccsi
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-30-2011
Thanks for helping,
The new computer is HP
model:HPe-541f
Sorry I meant DVD.
I just tried to make one manually.
It seems only create the boot sector only.
is it correct?
Thanks again,

iccsi




On Jun 27, 12:39*pm, "R. C. White" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi, iccsi.
>
> "iccsi" *wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > I bought a new Windows 7 machine, it does not ask me to create a backupCD
> > when I first to use the Windows . Does it make sense?

>
> First, Win7 is much too large to fit on a CD. *You'll need a DVD.
>
> Second, Win7 uses a new system to safeguard its critical files, AND each OEM
> seems to have its own system for managing its own modified version of Win7.
> Some encourage you to make backup DVDs; others don't. *Since you did not
> mention the make and model of your new computer, we can't give you more than
> generic advice: *READ THE FINE MANUAL!
>
> MOST Win7 OEM installations include a recovery partition that holds the
> modifications that the OEM has made to Win7. *Also, for Win7, Microsoft
> creates a small (usually <200 MB), unlettered System Partition at the front
> of the disk, before Drive C:, which holds the many GB of Win7 operating
> system files. *If you run Disk Management (Start | diskmgmt.msc | Enter),
> you should see a diagram on the lower part of the screen that shows you each
> of these partitions.
>
> After you RTFM, please post back with more details.
>
> RC
> --
> R. C. White, CPA
> San Marcos, TX
> (E-Mail Removed)
> Microsoft Windows MVP (2002-2010)
> Windows Live Mail 2011 (Build 15.4.3508.1109) in Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Dominic Payer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-30-2011
See "Creating Recovery Discs or Saving a Recovery Image to a USB Flash
Drive in Windows 7" at
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...roduct=5074509

On 30/06/2011 14:53, iccsi wrote:
> Thanks for helping,
> The new computer is HP
> model:HPe-541f
> Sorry I meant DVD.
> I just tried to make one manually.
> It seems only create the boot sector only.
> is it correct?
> Thanks again,
>
> iccsi

 
Reply With Quote
 
Martin Riddle
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-01-2011
HP does have a utility, somewhere in the start menu. It does not
automatically alert you to make the disks.

Cheers

"R. C. White" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ecom...
> Hi, iccsi.
>
> Thanks for those details...now, we need some more.
>
>> I just tried to make one manually.

>
> HOW did you try? Step by step, what did you do and what results did
> you see? "I tried" doesn't tell us anything.
>
> Since I've never had an HP computer of any flavor, I hope someone else
> can tell you more about your HPe-541f.
>
> RC
> --
> R. C. White, CPA
> San Marcos, TX
> http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
> Microsoft Windows MVP (2002-2010)
> Windows Live Mail 2011 (Build 15.4.3508.1109) in Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1
>
>
> "iccsi" wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> Thanks for helping,
> The new computer is HP
> model:HPe-541f
> Sorry I meant DVD.
> I just tried to make one manually.
> It seems only create the boot sector only.
> is it correct?
> Thanks again,
>
> iccsi
>
>
> On Jun 27, 12:39 pm, "R. C. White" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Hi, iccsi.
>>
>> "iccsi" wrote in message
>>
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> > I bought a new Windows 7 machine, it does not ask me to create a
>> > backup CD
>> > when I first to use the Windows . Does it make sense?

>>
>> First, Win7 is much too large to fit on a CD. You'll need a DVD.
>>
>> Second, Win7 uses a new system to safeguard its critical files, AND
>> each OEM
>> seems to have its own system for managing its own modified version of
>> Win7.
>> Some encourage you to make backup DVDs; others don't. Since you did
>> not
>> mention the make and model of your new computer, we can't give you
>> more than
>> generic advice: READ THE FINE MANUAL!
>>
>> MOST Win7 OEM installations include a recovery partition that holds
>> the
>> modifications that the OEM has made to Win7. Also, for Win7,
>> Microsoft
>> creates a small (usually <200 MB), unlettered System Partition at the
>> front
>> of the disk, before Drive C:, which holds the many GB of Win7
>> operating
>> system files. If you run Disk Management (Start | diskmgmt.msc |
>> Enter),
>> you should see a diagram on the lower part of the screen that shows
>> you each
>> of these partitions.
>>
>> After you RTFM, please post back with more details.
>>
>> RC

>


 
Reply With Quote
 
iccsi
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-01-2011
I went to Computer --> Control Panel --> System and Security -->
Backup and Restore --> Create a system repaire disc
Thanks again,





Jun 30, 10:21*am, "R. C. White" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi, iccsi.
>
> Thanks for those details...now, we need some more.
>
> > I just tried to make one manually.

>
> HOW did you try? *Step by step, what did you do and what results did you
> see? *"I tried" doesn't tell us anything.
>
> Since I've never had an HP computer of any flavor, I hope someone else can
> tell you more about your HPe-541f.
>
> RC
> --
> R. C. White, CPA
> San Marcos, TX
> (E-Mail Removed)
> Microsoft Windows MVP (2002-2010)
> Windows Live Mail 2011 (Build 15.4.3508.1109) in Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1
>
> "iccsi" *wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> Thanks for helping,
> The new computer is HP
> model:HPe-541f
> Sorry I meant DVD.
> I just tried to make one manually.
> It seems only create the boot sector only.
> is it correct?
> Thanks again,
>
> iccsi
>
> On Jun 27, 12:39 pm, "R. C. White" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>
>
> > Hi, iccsi.

>
> > "iccsi" *wrote in message

>
> >news:(E-Mail Removed)....

>
> > > I bought a new Windows 7 machine, it does not ask me to create a backup
> > > CD
> > > when I first to use the Windows . Does it make sense?

>
> > First, Win7 is much too large to fit on a CD. *You'll need a DVD.

>
> > Second, Win7 uses a new system to safeguard its critical files, AND each
> > OEM
> > seems to have its own system for managing its own modified version of
> > Win7.
> > Some encourage you to make backup DVDs; others don't. *Since you did not
> > mention the make and model of your new computer, we can't give you more
> > than
> > generic advice: *READ THE FINE MANUAL!

>
> > MOST Win7 OEM installations include a recovery partition that holds the
> > modifications that the OEM has made to Win7. *Also, for Win7, Microsoft
> > creates a small (usually <200 MB), unlettered System Partition at the
> > front
> > of the disk, before Drive C:, which holds the many GB of Win7 operating
> > system files. *If you run Disk Management (Start | diskmgmt.msc | Enter),
> > you should see a diagram on the lower part of the screen that shows you
> > each
> > of these partitions.

>
> > After you RTFM, please post back with more details.

>
> > RC- Hide quoted text -

>
> - Show quoted text -


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
System.Security.SecurityException: Error de solicitud de permiso de tipo System.Net.WebPermission, System, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089. Luis Esteban Valencia ASP .Net 0 07-14-2005 01:43 PM
back to back cable sbab Cisco 2 10-21-2003 01:09 AM
Configuring VPN through Cisco PIX and ISA Server in Back-to-back scenario Dejan Gambin Cisco 0 10-16-2003 01:53 PM
back-to-back with ISDN Fiber Optic Cisco 8 07-25-2003 07:33 AM
Cisco 2610 back to back serial connection problem - please help pandula Cisco 1 07-10-2003 01:21 PM



Advertisments