Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > message from yahoo?

message from yahoo?

Donchano

On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 17:45:11 +1200, "WorkHard" <(E-Mail Removed)>
shouted from the highest rooftop:

>Donchano wrote:
>> On 28 Jun 2011 05:22:47 GMT, Gordon <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> shouted from
>> the highest rooftop:

>>> I think Geo has, she just wants confirmation. othing wrong
>>> with that

>> The only thing I'd criticise her on is not phoning Xtra's
>> helpdesk to
>> ask them. IMO having to wait for them to answer is not a valid
>> reason
>> to refuse to ask them first.

>She has what is known as "freedom of choice".
>
>What YOU deem valid or not is irrelevant.
>
>And who is she "refusing"... you?

Far be it from me to deny you your illusion of superiority. Do feel
free to continue ...

Ralph Fox

On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 19:19:52 +1200, in message <(E-Mail Removed)>
WorkHard wrote:

> But who is she "refusing"... you, Woger?

Wake up! Donchanto is not Roger Sheppard.

Geopelia

"Bruce Sinclair" <(E-Mail Removed) > wrote
in message news:iub63n$23i$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <iuavob$4ue$(E-Mail Removed)>, Gib Bogle
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>On 6/27/2011 3:13 PM, Geopelia wrote:
>>> Is this message from Yahoo? I suspect spam of course as they ask for
>>> my
>>> password. But with the upgrade, I am not sure of that. Could someone
>>> please
>>> advise?

>>Will you never learn?

> Asking questions is one of the ways to learn.

I can usually tell if something is spam. I ask here if I am not sure.
With Yahoo upgrading it is hard to know .

Geopelia

"Donchano" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> On 28 Jun 2011 05:22:47 GMT, Gordon <(E-Mail Removed)> shouted from
> the highest rooftop:

>>> Will you never learn?

>>I think Geo has, she just wants confirmation. othing wrong with that

> The only thing I'd criticise her on is not phoning Xtra's helpdesk to
> ask them. IMO having to wait for them to answer is not a valid reason
> to refuse to ask them first.

I just don't have the time to sit on the end of the phone for half an hour
or so.
Quicker to ask here.

Lazy B, aren't I?

Xtra should do what the income tax people do, take one's number and say when
they are going to phone back. It was over an hour this week for the tax
people.

Geopelia

Geopelia

Geopelia

"WorkHard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Ralph Fox wrote:
>> On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 19:19:52 +1200, in message
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> WorkHard wrote:
>>
>>> But who is she "refusing"... you, Woger?

>> Wake up! Donchanto is not Roger Sheppard.

> Is that you, Ralph?

Oh dear, I didn't mean to start an argument.
I'm grateful for everybody's help, even if it isn't practical to take it.

Geopelia

Gib Bogle

On 6/28/2011 5:22 PM, Gordon wrote:
> On 2011-06-27, Gib Bogle<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On 6/27/2011 3:13 PM, Geopelia wrote:
>>> Is this message from Yahoo? I suspect spam of course as they ask for my
>>> password. But with the upgrade, I am not sure of that. Could someone please
>>> advise?

>> Will you never learn?

> I think Geo has, she just wants confirmation. othing wrong with that

This must be about the 4th time she's asked this kind of question. If
you are reading this Geo: any time you get an email from someone you
don't know with the word "password" in it, you can safely delete it.
Even if it appears to be from someone you know, if it is requesting
username and/or password info, you can delete it.

Geopelia

"Gib Bogle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:iudgfc$2gg$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 6/28/2011 5:22 PM, Gordon wrote:
>>>
>>> Will you never learn?

>> I think Geo has, she just wants confirmation. othing wrong with that

> This must be about the 4th time she's asked this kind of question. If you
> are reading this Geo: any time you get an email from someone you don't
> know with the word "password" in it, you can safely delete it. Even if it
> appears to be from someone you know, if it is requesting username and/or
> password info, you can delete it.

Thanks. I usually do.
Geopelia

Bruce Sinclair

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Donchano <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On 28 Jun 2011 05:22:47 GMT, Gordon <(E-Mail Removed)> shouted from
>the highest rooftop:
>>>
>>> Will you never learn?

>>I think Geo has, she just wants confirmation. othing wrong with that

>The only thing I'd criticise her on is not phoning Xtra's helpdesk to
>ask them. IMO having to wait for them to answer is not a valid reason
>to refuse to ask them first.

Hell desks are called that for a reason. Very few "call centers" (notice
they aren't called 'customer service centers' or "answer centers" ):
a) answer quickly
b) know anything
c) are anything other than a waste of time.

There are many examples of this and pitifully few counter examples.

Why waste time on hold when a quick message here will get at least 3 useful
and probably helpful answers ?

Bruce Sinclair

In article <iuco30$t4b$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
(snip) (and no )

>Xtra should do what the income tax people do, take one's number and say when
>they are going to phone back. It was over an hour this week for the tax
>people.

Note ... never ring the tax department. Write them letters. When they ring
you in reply to your letter (!), ask them to reply in writing.

Bruce Sinclair

In article <iudgfc$2gg$(E-Mail Removed)>, Gib Bogle <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On 6/28/2011 5:22 PM, Gordon wrote:
>>>
>>> Will you never learn?

>> I think Geo has, she just wants confirmation. othing wrong with that

>This must be about the 4th time she's asked this kind of question. If
>you are reading this Geo: any time you get an email from someone you
>don't know with the word "password" in it, you can safely delete it.
>Even if it appears to be from someone you know, if it is requesting
>username and/or password info, you can delete it.

Considerable truth to that. Worst case, it's real and important ... and they
will contact you again. Best case ? ... you save a lot of aggravation.