Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Network Problem...Please Help

Network Problem...Please Help

=?Utf-8?B?UXVhdHJvNjQ=?=

I have a desktop and a laptop. Both are equiped with wireless g network
cards and for a while I had them connected through an ad Hoc connection.

Something recently happened that has caused problems, whether it was
something else or a mistake of my own, but now it does not work.

Symptoms:

The computer will connect to the network, but I cannot get the computers to
read their respectively shared files. I can click on the "View workgroup
computers" tab and see my laptop. However, when I try to access the laptop
from the desktop, a warning pops up that says:
\\(laptop name) is not accessible. You might not have permission to use
this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out
if you have access permissions. The network path was not found.

So I try to access the desktop from the laptop and I do not see the desktop
icon at all. So I try the "View workgroup computers" and a warning message
pops up that says:
Mshome is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network
resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have
access permissions. The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently
available.

I've followed the Microsoft Troubleshoot page that I really thought would
solve the problem. I went into the Advanced TCP/IP Settings and enabled the
NetBIOS over TCP/IP in the WINS tab in the wireless and the Local Area
Connection (just in case).

I then followed the instructions and went to Computer Management where I
started the Browser. The service status is currently at "Started."

Of course I have run the Network wizard and the wireless network wizard, but
maybe I'm doing something wrong. File sharing and printer sharing have been
turned on in both computers.

Can anyone help me?

Quatro64