Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: [SI] Next Mandate: The Letter "S"

Re: [SI] Next Mandate: The Letter "S"

Robert Coe

On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 14:26:21 -0400, Bowser <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: Time for another "letter" mandate, this time, "S." Send me shots of any
: thing that begins with the letter S. Statues. Snowmobiles. Scooters.
: Streetwalkers. But no adjectives. Don't submit a picture of some
: relative and label it "stupid uncle."
:
: http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_s
:
: The Shoot-In is a monthly excercise that's been going on monthly since,
: well, a long time ago. The first mandate was due August 3rd, 2003. There
: are no prizes, only prized comments from other shooters. For more info,
: see the Rulz page here:
:
: http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
:
: Now find something interesting, maybe a Skylark, and shoot it. We all
: look forward to your shots and participation.

I'll have to call that bet. Martha and I are Speeding to Rhode Island in early
July for a Super Summer reunion in our daughter's SO's family. One of our
granddaughters is named Sophie. And our Son-in-law is named Shep.

But Seriously, any Shot Submitted to the Shoot-In is an "s", right?

There are no Skylarks around here. Only Seagulls Sunning themselves near the
Surf.

Bob

PeterN

On 6/22/2011 10:00 PM, Robert Coe wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 14:26:21 -0400, Bowser<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> : Time for another "letter" mandate, this time, "S." Send me shots of any
> : thing that begins with the letter S. Statues. Snowmobiles. Scooters.
> : Streetwalkers. But no adjectives. Don't submit a picture of some
> : relative and label it "stupid uncle."
> :
> : http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_s
> :
> : The Shoot-In is a monthly excercise that's been going on monthly since,
> : well, a long time ago. The first mandate was due August 3rd, 2003. There
> : are no prizes, only prized comments from other shooters. For more info,
> : see the Rulz page here:
> :
> : http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
> :
> : Now find something interesting, maybe a Skylark, and shoot it. We all
> : look forward to your shots and participation.
>
> I'll have to call that bet. Martha and I are Speeding to Rhode Island in early
> July for a Super Summer reunion in our daughter's SO's family. One of our
> granddaughters is named Sophie. And our Son-in-law is named Shep.
>
> But Seriously, any Shot Submitted to the Shoot-In is an "s", right?
>
> There are no Skylarks around here. Only Seagulls Sunning themselves near the
> Surf.

You might get some interesting shots.
<http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=seagull>

--
Peter

PeterN

On 6/23/2011 8:29 AM, Bowser wrote:
> On 6/22/2011 10:00 PM, Robert Coe wrote:
>> On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 14:26:21 -0400, Bowser<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> : Time for another "letter" mandate, this time, "S." Send me shots of any
>> : thing that begins with the letter S. Statues. Snowmobiles. Scooters.
>> : Streetwalkers. But no adjectives. Don't submit a picture of some
>> : relative and label it "stupid uncle."
>> :
>> : http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_s
>> :
>> : The Shoot-In is a monthly excercise that's been going on monthly since,
>> : well, a long time ago. The first mandate was due August 3rd, 2003.
>> There
>> : are no prizes, only prized comments from other shooters. For more info,
>> : see the Rulz page here:
>> :
>> : http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
>> :
>> : Now find something interesting, maybe a Skylark, and shoot it. We all
>> : look forward to your shots and participation.
>>
>> I'll have to call that bet. Martha and I are Speeding to Rhode Island
>> in early
>> July for a Super Summer reunion in our daughter's SO's family. One of our
>> granddaughters is named Sophie. And our Son-in-law is named Shep.
>>
>> But Seriously, any Shot Submitted to the Shoot-In is an "s", right?
>>
>> There are no Skylarks around here. Only Seagulls Sunning themselves
>> near the
>> Surf.
>>
>> Bob

> Go for the tri-fecta! Find a seagull on a Skylark in the sun and get all
> three in the pic. That would be super!

Would a skinny dipper swimming at sunset, qualify for the superfecta? Or
must there be skimmers skimming too?

--
Peter

PeterN

On 6/23/2011 8:29 AM, Bowser wrote:
> On 6/22/2011 10:00 PM, Robert Coe wrote:
>> On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 14:26:21 -0400, Bowser<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> : Time for another "letter" mandate, this time, "S." Send me shots of any
>> : thing that begins with the letter S. Statues. Snowmobiles. Scooters.
>> : Streetwalkers. But no adjectives. Don't submit a picture of some
>> : relative and label it "stupid uncle."
>> :
>> : http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_s
>> :
>> : The Shoot-In is a monthly excercise that's been going on monthly since,
>> : well, a long time ago. The first mandate was due August 3rd, 2003.
>> There
>> : are no prizes, only prized comments from other shooters. For more info,
>> : see the Rulz page here:
>> :
>> : http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
>> :
>> : Now find something interesting, maybe a Skylark, and shoot it. We all
>> : look forward to your shots and participation.
>>
>> I'll have to call that bet. Martha and I are Speeding to Rhode Island
>> in early
>> July for a Super Summer reunion in our daughter's SO's family. One of our
>> granddaughters is named Sophie. And our Son-in-law is named Shep.
>>
>> But Seriously, any Shot Submitted to the Shoot-In is an "s", right?
>>
>> There are no Skylarks around here. Only Seagulls Sunning themselves
>> near the
>> Surf.
>>
>> Bob

> Go for the tri-fecta! Find a seagull on a Skylark in the sun and get all
> three in the pic. That would be super!

Spouse swallowing sweets?

--
Peter

PeterN

On 6/23/2011 12:58 PM, Bowser wrote:
> On 6/23/2011 8:38 AM, PeterN wrote:

>>> Go for the tri-fecta! Find a seagull on a Skylark in the sun and get all
>>> three in the pic. That would be super!

>> Spouse swallowing sweets?
>>

> Nah, save that stuff for one of the porn sites.

OK, but I thought that more on point than fectal matter. ;-(

--
Peter

PeterN

On 6/23/2011 3:29 PM, Savageduck wrote:
> On 2011-06-23 11:58:20 -0700, PeterN <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
>> On 6/23/2011 12:58 PM, Bowser wrote:

<snip >

>>> Nah, save that stuff for one of the porn sites.

>> OK, but I thought that more on point than fectal matter. ;-(

> Well, scat aside, I have a doozy of a "snuff(ed)" shot of a very well
> stabbed (9 shanks still in his back and 15 stab wounds) felon (one who
> got his prison sentence terminated suddenly) lying face down on a
> mortuary gurney.
> I just don't think it would be in good taste to air it here, or anywhere
> online for that matter.

I should have shipped to emphasize my poking at Bowser's typo.

Besides they were not shot within the timeline

--
Peter

PeterN

On 6/24/2011 8:04 AM, Bowser wrote:
> On 6/23/2011 6:28 PM, PeterN wrote:
>> On 6/23/2011 3:29 PM, Savageduck wrote:

>> <snip >

>>> Well, scat aside, I have a doozy of a "snuff(ed)" shot of a very well
>>> stabbed (9 shanks still in his back and 15 stab wounds) felon (one who
>>> got his prison sentence terminated suddenly) lying face down on a
>>> mortuary gurney.
>>> I just don't think it would be in good taste to air it here, or anywhere
>>> online for that matter.
>>>

>> I should have shipped to emphasize my poking at Bowser's typo.

> Where?

"Go for the tri-fecta!"

If it was intentional I missed it.-

-