Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Re: Who is the biggest internet phone company in the world?

Re: Who is the biggest internet phone company in the world?

Graham.

<phonepro> wrote in message newshonepro.4vo1tp@none...

> Hi all, just a quicky. Does anyone have a clue who the biggest internet
> phone company in the world is currently. Is it skype?
> Thanks.
>

> --
> phonepro
> phonepro's Profile: http://www.techhelpcentre.com/member.php?userid=18
> View this thread: http://www.techhelpcentre.com/showthread.php?t=910436

It depends on how you define biggest.
In terms of subscribers and internal call traffic I think they must be.
In terms of paid for egress to the PSTN etc, I doubt it.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Chris Blunt

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 15:36:37 +0100, "Graham." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

><phonepro> wrote in message newshonepro.4vo1tp@none...
>>
>> Hi all, just a quicky. Does anyone have a clue who the biggest internet
>> phone company in the world is currently. Is it skype?
>> Thanks.
>>

>> --
>> phonepro
>> phonepro's Profile: http://www.techhelpcentre.com/member.php?userid=18
>> View this thread: http://www.techhelpcentre.com/showthread.php?t=910436

>It depends on how you define biggest.
>In terms of subscribers and internal call traffic I think they must be.
>In terms of paid for egress to the PSTN etc, I doubt it.

It also depends on what is meant by "internet phone company". If
companies that provide other telecom services in addition to VoIP
count, then probably Verizon or NTT would be the largest.

Chris

Woody

"Chris Blunt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 15:36:37 +0100, "Graham." <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>><phonepro> wrote in message newshonepro.4vo1tp@none...
>>>
>>> Hi all, just a quicky. Does anyone have a clue who the
>>> biggest internet
>>> phone company in the world is currently. Is it skype?
>>> Thanks.
>>>

>>> --
>>> phonepro
>>> phonepro's Profile:
>>> http://www.techhelpcentre.com/member.php?userid=18
>>> View this thread:
>>> http://www.techhelpcentre.com/showthread.php?t=910436

>>It depends on how you define biggest.
>>In terms of subscribers and internal call traffic I think they
>>must be.
>>In terms of paid for egress to the PSTN etc, I doubt it.

> It also depends on what is meant by "internet phone company".
> If
> companies that provide other telecom services in addition to
> VoIP
> count, then probably Verizon or NTT would be the largest.

It also depends what you mean by 'phone company.' If you are
talking service providers then I would have guessed one of the
Jap or Koreans as most people over there have at least one phone.
Also don't overlook BT either - they operate all over the place.

If you mean equipment in terms of equipment in VoIP telephone
systems (i.e. desk to desk) I would guess Cisco, especially after
their acquisition of Linksys and a few others.

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com