Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Ad-hoc not connecting automatically

Ad-hoc not connecting automatically

david.balazic@hermes.si

Hi!

I set up ICS as per this aricle :
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...02april08.mspx

(PPPoE connection, 2 WLAN adapters in ad-hoc mode, PPPoE has ICS turned
on)

It works, but the server (the one with the internet connection) does
not join the ad-hoc network automatically. I have to clik on "View
Avaliable Wireless Networks" and manually connect to the ad-hoc network
(which is visible and connects without problems, just not
automatically). I use the Window Wireless setup on both PCs and not the
vendor utility. I have set my ad-hoc network to "automatic", but it
just does not work. ( except sometimes ).

This is very annoying, because someone has to walk to the "server" and
connect manually.

Is there a solution, idea ?

Regards,
David

PS: One PC is running Windows XP , the other (the server) Windows 2003
Enterprise
The WLAN adapters are : Asus WL-160G (USB) and SMC 2862W-G (USB)