Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Adobe IMPOSTER? ? ?

Adobe IMPOSTER? ? ?

ChrisCoaster

Once to twice a week a pretty authentic looking box pops up on my
screen prompting me to install the latest updates to Adobe Flash
Player. Is this frequency of updates normal? Or is something
impersonating Adobe?

I'm running Vista Home Premium SP1 on a HP Pavilion.

-CC

James D Andrews

ChrisCoaster banged his head on his keyboard to write :
> Once to twice a week a pretty authentic looking box pops up on my
> screen prompting me to install the latest updates to Adobe Flash
> Player. Is this frequency of updates normal? Or is something
> impersonating Adobe?
>
> I'm running Vista Home Premium SP1 on a HP Pavilion.
>
> -CC

How long has this been going on for you?
Adobe just released a couple back-to-back sets of updates recently, but
I haven't seen much before that.

--
-There are some who call me...
Jim

"What do you mean?" he said. "Do you wish me a good morning, or mean
that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel
good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?"
-Gandalf, after Bilbo Baggins says "Good Morning"

Paul

ChrisCoaster wrote:
> Once to twice a week a pretty authentic looking box pops up on my
> screen prompting me to install the latest updates to Adobe Flash
> Player. Is this frequency of updates normal? Or is something
> impersonating Adobe?
>
> I'm running Vista Home Premium SP1 on a HP Pavilion.
>
> -CC

Adobe has so many updates, they can't even number them
properly any more (They may have different release numbers,
for different OSes.)

Yes, I get to see that dialog here too. But not twice a week though.

I'm still waiting for the latest package to show up on
their archive site, before I grab it.

As for "when" the update shows up, something seems to trigger
it, and it isn't just a reboot. I only have Flash loaded
in Internet Explorer, and I don't use IE regularly (I use
Firefox, without Flash, instead). I might find out about
the need to update, some number of days after its release.

Paul

Kele

True, I had two in the last week. Before that it's been a couple three
months since an update. I have not found the updater to stop it; anyone
know where it hides?

XP/IE7

Seum

James D Andrews wrote:
> ChrisCoaster banged his head on his keyboard to write :
>> Once to twice a week a pretty authentic looking box pops up on my
>> screen prompting me to install the latest updates to Adobe Flash
>> Player. Is this frequency of updates normal? Or is something
>> impersonating Adobe?
>>
>> I'm running Vista Home Premium SP1 on a HP Pavilion.
>>
>> -CC

> How long has this been going on for you?
> Adobe just released a couple back-to-back sets of updates recently, but
> I haven't seen much before that.

I got 2 updates today within a few minutes and I believe they were the same.