Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Some times Windows 7 loses the connections to my USB devices and reconnect it again

Some times Windows 7 loses the connections to my USB devices and reconnect it again

Anders Boholdt-Petersen

Hi everyone,

I experience a curious problem when I boot up Windows 7 64-bit:
Some times Windows 7 64-bit loses the connections to my USB-device, e.g. a
wireless network-adapter, and after a chord period reconnect again.

Practically Windows 7 detect the USB-devices as a new devices, so if Windows
7 loses the connection to my wireless network-adapter, I should find and
enter my informations to my wireless network before Windows 7 will connect
to my wireless network again.

If I first disconnect the concerned USB-devices, start up Windows 7 and
connect the devices again, Windows 7 detect the devices fine. Therefore I
guess that the drivers to my computers USB-controllers load before Windows 7
is fully booted up, but I am not sure.

The other day Windows 7 will not connect to my wireless network again, so I
must remove and install the USB-based wireless-adapter before Windows 7
again will connect to my network.

My motherboard is ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO USB3, and I have installed the latest
drivers from ASUS as well as from the manufactory of my wireless-adapter.

Some times I also have the same problem with my other USB-devices (e.g. a
USB-memory stick).

Have other person heard about the problem I describe above before?

Very thanks for the answers.

/ Anders

Carlos

Hi,
Are you connecting your USB devices directly to the ports, i.e., by
not using any extension or hub?
Try not using the USB3 ports for your devices unless they are USB3
ones.
Carlos

On 17 jun, 16:41, "Anders Boholdt-Petersen" <findesi...@boholdt-
petersen.dk> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I experience a curious problem when I boot up Windows 7 64-bit:
> Some times Windows 7 64-bit loses the connections to my USB-device, e.g. a
> wireless network-adapter, and after a chord period reconnect again.
>
> Practically Windows 7 detect the USB-devices as a new devices, so if Windows
> 7 loses the connection to my wireless network-adapter, I should find and
> enter my informations to my wireless network before Windows 7 will connect
> to my wireless network again.
>
> If I first disconnect the concerned USB-devices, start up Windows 7 and
> connect the devices again, Windows 7 detect the devices fine. Therefore I
> guess that the drivers to my computers USB-controllers load before Windows 7
> is fully booted up, but I am not sure.
>
> The other day Windows 7 will not connect to my wireless network again, so I
> must remove and install the USB-based wireless-adapter before Windows 7
> again will connect to my network.
>
> My motherboard is ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO USB3, and I have installed the latest
> drivers from ASUS as well as from the manufactory of my wireless-adapter.
>
> Some times I also have the same problem with my other USB-devices (e.g. a
> USB-memory stick).
>
> Have other person heard about the problem I describe above before?
>
> Very thanks for the answers.
>
> / Anders

Anders Boholdt-Petersen

"Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i en meddelelse
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Are you connecting your USB devices directly to the ports, i.e., by
> not using any extension or hub?

NO.

> Try not using the USB3 ports for your devices unless they are USB3
> ones.

Is all USB3-cards back compatible with USB2-devices or have I misunderstod?

Since I have read on the documentation to my USB-cards that they also could
support USB2-devices, I have set USB2-devices to USB3-cards.

Thanks for the answers.

/ Anders

Anders Boholdt-Petersen

"Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i en meddelelse
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Are you connecting your USB devices directly to the ports, i.e., by
> not using any extension or hub?

NO.

> Try not using the USB3 ports for your devices unless they are USB3
> ones.

Is all USB3-cards back compatible with USB2-devices or have I misunderstod?

Since I have read on the documentation to my USB-cards that they also could
support USB2-devices, I have set USB2-devices to USB3-cards.

Thanks for the answers.

/ Anders

Anders Boholdt-Petersen

"Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i en meddelelse
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
"Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i en meddelelse
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Are you connecting your USB devices directly to the ports, i.e., by
> not using any extension or hub?

NO.

> Try not using the USB3 ports for your devices unless they are USB3
> ones.

Is all USB3-cards back compatible with USB2-devices or have I misunderstod?

Since I have read on the documentation to my USB-cards that they also could
support USB2-devices, I have set USB2-devices to USB3-cards.

Thanks for the answers.

/ Anders

Carlos

Hi,
Of course USB 3.0 is backwards compatible with USB 2.0
I am just trying to narrow down the root cause.
Wireless USB adapters are all USB 2.0 so there is no point in
connecting them to USB 3.0 ports.
Carlos

On 18 jun, 18:59, "Anders Boholdt-Petersen" <findesi...@boholdt-
petersen.dk> wrote:
> "Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i en meddelelsenews:(E-Mail Removed)...> Are you connecting your USB devices directly to the ports, i.e., by
> > not using any extension or hub?

> NO.
>
> > Try not using the USB3 ports for your devices unless they are USB3
> > ones.

> Is all USB3-cards back compatible with USB2-devices or have I misunderstod?
>
> Since I have read on the documentation to my USB-cards that they also could
> support USB2-devices, I have set USB2-devices to USB3-cards.
>
> Thanks for the answers.
>
> / Anders

Kue2

except for 3.0 usb device like external hd.
Anders, see if there is updated drivers for the USB from your MB
manufacturer
I had to update mine from Asus before they would work correctly.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...