Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Evil Apple's patent infringement of Nokia cost them

Evil Apple's patent infringement of Nokia cost them

RichA

RichA

On Jun 14, 9:52*pm, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
> On 2011-06-14 18:41:09 -0700, RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
> >http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2011/06/...tlement-a-swee...

> Boy
>
> Rich!
> You really need to get off this irrational anti-Apple BS you sprout, or
> take it where it means something.
> "Evil?"
> You wouldn't know evil if it touched you on the shoulder in your Mom's
> basement.
>
> This is just business.
> ...and this post is completely off topic as an OP for these groups.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Savageduck

Do you own any Apple products? Have you now, or have you ever owned
any Apple products?

Richard

RichA wrote:
> On Jun 14, 9:52 pm, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>> On 2011-06-14 18:41:09 -0700, RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>>
>>> http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2011/06/...tlement-a-swee...

>> Boy
>>
>> Rich!
>> You really need to get off this irrational anti-Apple BS you sprout,
>> or take it where it means something.
>> "Evil?"
>> You wouldn't know evil if it touched you on the shoulder in your
>> Mom's basement.
>>
>> This is just business.
>> ...and this post is completely off topic as an OP for these groups.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Savageduck

> Do you own any Apple products? Have you now, or have you ever owned
> any Apple products?

Apple products are like cats. People don't own them, it's the other way
round.

Bruce

"Richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Apple products are like cats. People don't own them, it's the other way
>round.

Each to his own taste, but I find the opposite is true. I think most
people are slaves to Windows but since the late 80s I have always
found the Mac as completely undemanding of me as would be possible in
a computer. I use three and I would not wish to be without them. I
use a Windows PC for newsgroup access, eBay and general browsing and I
absolutely detest it.

A friend volunteers in a charity project to help bring older people
online. He sources obsolescent PCs from corporate sources then trains
the seniors to use them.

He has been doing this for five or six years now. He tells me that
the people using Windows require a lot of ongoing support, whereas
those who were fortunate enough to be given a used Mac need none.

He was so concerned that he hadn't heard from the people using Macs -
thinking perhaps that they had stopped using them - that he called all
of them to see how they were getting on. They were all thoroughly
enjoying their Macs, whereas most of the people using Windows were
having no end of problems.

Doubtless a Windows fanboi would conclude that the Mac is an old
person's computer.

Richard

Bruce wrote:
> "Richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> Apple products are like cats. People don't own them, it's the other
>> way round.

> Each to his own taste, but I find the opposite is true. I think most
> people are slaves to Windows but since the late 80s I have always
> found the Mac as completely undemanding of me as would be possible in
> a computer. I use three and I would not wish to be without them. I
> use a Windows PC for newsgroup access, eBay and general browsing and I
> absolutely detest it.
>
> A friend volunteers in a charity project to help bring older people
> online. He sources obsolescent PCs from corporate sources then trains
> the seniors to use them.
>
> He has been doing this for five or six years now. He tells me that
> the people using Windows require a lot of ongoing support, whereas
> those who were fortunate enough to be given a used Mac need none.
>
> He was so concerned that he hadn't heard from the people using Macs -
> thinking perhaps that they had stopped using them - that he called all
> of them to see how they were getting on. They were all thoroughly
> enjoying their Macs, whereas most of the people using Windows were
> having no end of problems.
>
> Doubtless a Windows fanboi would conclude that the Mac is an old
> person's computer.

Geez... that's sooooo sad. All those words for what? You seem to be so much
more of a Rich than Rich.
The ironic thing is that you use the same emoticon which I did.
:-/

Whisky-dave

On Jun 15, 1:06*pm, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "Richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Apple products are like cats. People don't own them, it's the other way
> >round.

> Each to his own taste, but I find the opposite is true.

I do see my Macs as cats because they are smart, neat and tidy
and almost keep themselves clean.

>*I think most
> people are slaves to Windows but since the late 80s I have always
> found the Mac as completely undemanding of me as would be possible in
> a computer. *I use three and I would not wish to be without them. *I
> use a Windows PC for newsgroup access, eBay and general browsing and I
> absolutely detest it.
>
> A friend volunteers in a charity project to help bring older people
> online. *He sources obsolescent PCs from corporate sources then trains
> the seniors to use them.
>
> He has been doing this for five or six years now. *He tells me that
> the people using Windows require a lot of ongoing support, whereas
> those who were fortunate enough to be given a used Mac need none.

I find that too, I used to need to support Mac users a lot more in the
past
especially in the days of OS9, but since OSX or rather Panther I
hardly
hear from them other than questions I want a new mac which should I
get.

> He was so concerned that he hadn't heard from the people using Macs -
> thinking perhaps that they had stopped using them - that he called all
> of them to see how they were getting on. *They were all thoroughly
> enjoying their Macs, whereas most of the people using Windows were
> having no end of problems.

It does seem to be true in most cases.

> Doubtless a Windows fanboi would conclude that the Mac is an old
> person's computer. *

That could be a new sales pitch, if you're old and haven't many years
left
do you really want to spend them battling with windows.

Bruce

Whisky-dave <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Jun 15, 1:06*pm, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Doubtless a Windows fanboi would conclude that the Mac is an old
>> person's computer. *

>That could be a new sales pitch, if you're old and haven't many years
>left
>do you really want to spend them battling with windows.

Or to put it another way, extend your life with a low-stress Mac!

Bruce

"Richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Bruce wrote:
>> "Richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> Apple products are like cats. People don't own them, it's the other
>>> way round.

>> Each to his own taste, but I find the opposite is true. I think most
>> people are slaves to Windows but since the late 80s I have always
>> found the Mac as completely undemanding of me as would be possible in
>> a computer. I use three and I would not wish to be without them. I
>> use a Windows PC for newsgroup access, eBay and general browsing and I
>> absolutely detest it.
>>
>> A friend volunteers in a charity project to help bring older people
>> online. He sources obsolescent PCs from corporate sources then trains
>> the seniors to use them.
>>
>> He has been doing this for five or six years now. He tells me that
>> the people using Windows require a lot of ongoing support, whereas
>> those who were fortunate enough to be given a used Mac need none.
>>
>> He was so concerned that he hadn't heard from the people using Macs -
>> thinking perhaps that they had stopped using them - that he called all
>> of them to see how they were getting on. They were all thoroughly
>> enjoying their Macs, whereas most of the people using Windows were
>> having no end of problems.
>>
>> Doubtless a Windows fanboi would conclude that the Mac is an old
>> person's computer.

>Geez... that's sooooo sad. All those words for what? You seem to be so much
>more of a Rich than Rich.
>The ironic thing is that you use the same emoticon which I did.
>:-/

Sad? I'll tell you what is sad - it is the person who is completely
unable to provide a response so resorts to an ad hominem attack.

RichA

On Jun 15, 8:42*am, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Whisky-dave <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >On Jun 15, 1:06*pm, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> Doubtless a Windows fanboi would conclude that the Mac is an old
> >> person's computer. *

> >That could be a new sales pitch, if you're old and haven't many years
> >left
> >do you really want to spend them battling with windows.

> Or to put it another way, extend your life with a low-stress Mac!

Nice to see peer-pressure effects adults as much as gullible teens.

Richard

Bruce wrote:
> "Richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Bruce wrote:
>>>
>>> Each to his own taste, but I find the opposite is true. I think
>>> most people are slaves to Windows but since the late 80s I have
>>> always found the Mac as completely undemanding of me as would be
>>> possible in a computer. I use three and I would not wish to be
>>> without them. I use a Windows PC for newsgroup access, eBay and
>>> general browsing and I absolutely detest it.
>>>
>>> A friend volunteers in a charity project to help bring older people
>>> online. He sources obsolescent PCs from corporate sources then
>>> trains the seniors to use them.
>>>
>>> He has been doing this for five or six years now. He tells me that
>>> the people using Windows require a lot of ongoing support, whereas
>>> those who were fortunate enough to be given a used Mac need none.
>>>
>>> He was so concerned that he hadn't heard from the people using Macs
>>> - thinking perhaps that they had stopped using them - that he
>>> called all of them to see how they were getting on. They were all
>>> thoroughly enjoying their Macs, whereas most of the people using
>>> Windows were having no end of problems.
>>>
>>> Doubtless a Windows fanboi would conclude that the Mac is an old
>>> person's computer.

>> Geez... that's sooooo sad. All those words for what? You seem to be
>> so much more of a Rich than Rich.
>> The ironic thing is that you use the same emoticon which I did.
>> :-/

> Sad? I'll tell you what is sad - it is the person who is completely
> unable to provide a response so resorts to an ad hominem attack.

I have found you at last. The standard dipstick to which all others are
compared.
Where the hell did you see an attack in my original response, you humourless
creature?