Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Can not delete a certain registry key in Windows 7

Can not delete a certain registry key in Windows 7

Anders Boholdt-Petersen

Hi everyone,

I have problems when I tried to delete a certain registry key in Windows 7
64-bit.

Since one of my USB-devices not is be installed correctly I will delete the
registry key, so I can install the device again. Under Windows XP I normaly
could delete the registry key and tried to install the device again. In
Windows 7 nothing happend.

The registry key I tried to delete is:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\U SB\Vid_0846&Pid_9020
..

I have tried to change the owner of the registry key under
"Permissions>Advanced" et cetera, but I can still not delete the key.

I will be very happy if some in this newsgroup have a solution I can tried
so I could delete the registry key.

Very thanks for your answer and have a continued nice Whitsun.

/ Anders

Carlos

Hi,
Please try this procedure:
http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/...dows-registry/
Carlos

On 12 jun, 16:32, "Anders Boholdt-Petersen" <findesi...@boholdt-
petersen.dk> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have problems when I tried to delete a certain registry key in Windows 7
> 64-bit.
>
> Since one of my USB-devices not is be installed correctly I will delete the
> registry key, so I can install the device again. Under Windows XP I normaly
> could delete the registry key and tried to install the device again. In
> Windows 7 nothing happend.
>
> The registry key I tried to delete is:
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\U SB\Vid_0846&Pid_9020
> .
>
> I have tried to change the owner of the registry key under
> "Permissions>Advanced" et cetera, but I can still not delete the key.
>
> I will be very happy if some in this newsgroup have a solution I can tried
> so I could delete the registry key.
>
> Very thanks for your answer and have a continued nice Whitsun.
>
> / Anders

Jeff Layman

On 12/06/2011 23:09, Carlos wrote:
> Hi,
> Please try this procedure:
> http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/...dows-registry/
> Carlos

Comment 29 on that page seems to suggest that it doesn't work with Win7.

--

Jeff

John Turco

Anders Boholdt-Petersen wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have problems when I tried to delete a certain registry key in
> Windows 7 64-bit.

<heavily edited for brevity>

> Very thanks for your answer and have a continued nice Whitsun.
>
> / Anders

Is "Whitsun" Danish, for "weekend" -- or what?

--
Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>

Steve Foster

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitsun

--
Steve Foster
For SSL Certificates, Domains, etc, visit.:

John Turco

Steve Foster wrote:

> > John Turco wrote:
> >
> > > Anders Boholdt-Petersen wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi everyone,
> > >
> > > I have problems when I tried to delete a certain registry key in
> > > Windows 7 64-bit.

> > <heavily edited for brevity>
> >
> > > Very thanks for your answer and have a continued nice Whitsun.
> > >
> > > / Anders

> > Is "Whitsun" Danish, for "weekend" -- or what?

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitsun

Thanks. Here's a quote, from that Wikepedia article:

"Whitsun (also Whitsunday, Whit Sunday or Whit) is the name used in
the UK for the Christian festival of Pentecost, the seventh Sunday
after Easter, which commemorates the descent of the Holy Spirit upon
Christ's disciples (Acts of the Apostles chapter 2)."

--
Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>