Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Component Cable Question

Component Cable Question

Bob

Hello,

Just bought a new JVC Camcorder.

For a Component Cable to mate with a TV from their website, and also via
Best Buy, they want $30.
Wow!
Our TV is older, and can't use an HDMI cable

Amazon seems to have the same type of cable for 5 or 10 bucks.

Think there's anything special about the JVC one ?

The cable in question is their part No.QAM 1266-001

It's a 3X RCA to 12 Pin Male (Red, Blue, Green for the RCA connector
ends)

Thanks,
Bob

Ray Fischer

Bob <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Just bought a new JVC Camcorder.
>
>For a Component Cable to mate with a TV from their website, and also via
>Best Buy, they want $30.
>Wow!
>Our TV is older, and can't use an HDMI cable
>
>Amazon seems to have the same type of cable for 5 or 10 bucks.
>
>Think there's anything special about the JVC one ?

The JVC logo.

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) | The new GOP ideal

Bob Dobbs

Moro Grubb of Little Delving wrote:

>Why all HDMI cables are the same:
>http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-...-are-the-same/
>
>/M

That's a very revealing article and I can attest to its validity.
About a couple years ago when I went to get a TOSlink (fiber optic) cable to go
from the TV to the AV sound system I found one in a package deal that contained
several cables including HDMI for about $28 at the local Fry's. They were all
generic types. I ended up using the HDMI cable when I added a BD player to the
stack and it's worked out just fine.
Oh, once as I was moving some of the gear around I partially dislodged one of
the HDMI cables (to the DVD player I think) and it resulted in a chromatic
distortion, like something psychedelic, that corrected when I pushed the
connector all the way in.
--

http://bit.ly/g2PCII

J. Clarke

In article <3cabbc08-fec8-4af5-8f12-03c42ab25311
@r33g2000prh.googlegroups.com>, (E-Mail Removed) says...

> On Jun 12, 5:38*am, Bob <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Just bought a new JVC Camcorder.
> >
> > For a Component Cable to mate with a TV from their website, and also via
> > Best Buy, they want $30.
> > Wow!
> > Our TV is older, and can't use an HDMI cable
> >
> > Amazon seems to have the same type of cable for 5 or 10 bucks.
> >
> > Think there's anything special about the JVC one ?
> >
> > The cable in question is their part No.QAM 1266-001
> >
> > It's a 3X *RCA to 12 Pin Male * (Red, Blue, Green for the RCA connector
> > ends)
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Bob

> Why all HDMI cables are the same:
> http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-...-are-the-same/

That's nice but how is it helpful to someone whose equipment doesn't
have an HDMI input?

Bob Dobbs

J. Clarke wrote:

>> Why all HDMI cables are the same:
>> http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-...-are-the-same/

>That's nice but how is it helpful to someone whose equipment doesn't
>have an HDMI input?

With almost all arrows pointing towards the future,
it might prepare those folk for the eventual upgrade.
--

http://bit.ly/g2PCII

John Turco

Alan Browne wrote:

<heavily edited for brevity>

> When I bought my widescreen television, the store HDMI was $60.00.
> I bought it at the local electronics store for less than $20.

It should be far lower than $10.00 USD, these days. (Cables are a
real racket!)

--
Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>