Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Leakage Current Info

Leakage Current Info

Frank Williams

On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 18:43:58 +1200, "~misfit~"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Somewhere on teh intarwebs EMB wrote:
>> On 11/06/2011 11:56 a.m., Frank Williams wrote:
>>>
>>> I think I am more competent than most idiots in this news group and
>>> including you..

>> I seriously doubt it Roger. A fair few of the posters here are highly
>> experienced and qualified in their respective electrical and
>> electronics fields. Almost all are actually registered too which
>> tends to lend them a lot more credibility than you have.
>>>
>>> No one here has any thing like the experience that I have had.
>>>

>> Agreed - the rest of us are clever enough not to try cutting the plugs
>> off live conductors or drinking the contents of the mercury switches
>> and rectifiers.

>LOL!!! True.

"~misfit~"

This chap has no training or Registration at all, Go pick on him.

Frank Williams

On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 22:34:12 +1200, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 16/06/2011 9:29 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:
>> On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 18:43:58 +1200, "~misfit~"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> LOL!!! True.

>> "~misfit~"
>>

>> This chap has no training or Registration at all

>And... he doesn't break the law by carrying out repairs for other people
>(and for reward). What was your point again Woger?
>
>BTW - designing a sync<->async converter isn't much to brag about and it
>certainly doesn't qualify you to be playing with mains powered stuff.

You sick little person or should say a It, and at least I have done some
thing, all you have done is proven what a nasty person/it you are.

Ive been playing with mains powered stuff long be for you was born or
may be hatched.

Msgr Scooter

On , , Fri, 17 Jun 2011 11:22:14 +1200, Re: Leakage Current Info, Frank
Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 22:34:12 +1200, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On 16/06/2011 9:29 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:

>>> "~misfit~"
>>>

>>> This chap has no training or Registration at all

>>And... he doesn't break the law by carrying out repairs for other people
>>(and for reward). What was your point again Woger?
>>
>>BTW - designing a sync<->async converter isn't much to brag about and it
>>certainly doesn't qualify you to be playing with mains powered stuff.

>You sick little person or should say a It, and at least I have done some
>thing, all you have done is proven what a nasty person/it you are.
>

>Ive been playing with mains powered stuff long be for you was born or
>may be hatched.

And "playing with" is the operative term.
Real men with certificates "work" with it.
to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."
Anatole France.

Richard

On 16/06/2011 6:57 p.m., ~misfit~ wrote:
> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Richard wrote:
> [snip]
>> If you want to see the tests that you have to pay to have done on
>> anything you want to import for resale?

> Yeah, I guess they're for the best but annoying to me in one instance; I
> found a nice Chinese source of mains voltage LED lightbulbs that work great
> for areas that aren't best for CFLs (toilet etcetera). After seeing prices
> for things like this in NZ I [briefly] toyed with the idea of importing a
> bunch and selling them on tardme.
>
> However I'd likely get pinged on it and fined a fortune. Oh well, have to
> find another way to pay the bills. :-/

Lightbulbs are very minimal with what they need to have done to them,
which IMO is crap since they have just as much stuff in them as any
other SM power supply and will only get worse as they are pushing for
higher and higher efficiencies.

Frank Williams

On Fri, 17 Jun 2011 21:03:10 +1200, Msgr Scooter <aqc.zwoau@fshccqg.123>
wrote:

>On , , Fri, 17 Jun 2011 11:22:14 +1200, Re: Leakage Current Info, Frank
>Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>And... he doesn't break the law by carrying out repairs for other people
>>>(and for reward). What was your point again Woger?
>>>
>>>BTW - designing a sync<->async converter isn't much to brag about and it
>>>certainly doesn't qualify you to be playing with mains powered stuff.

>>You sick little person or should say a It, and at least I have done some
>>thing, all you have done is proven what a nasty person/it you are.
>>

>>Ive been playing with mains powered stuff long be for you was born or
>>may be hatched.

>And "playing with" is the operative term.
>Real men with certificates "work" with it.

Real Men with a certificates does not mean you get quality workman
ship.

A Craftsmen is a Craftsmen a Certificates does not make him a
Craftsmen.!!

Boots

On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 18:13:27 +1200, Frank Williams wrote:

> A Craftsmen is a Craftsmen a Certificates does not make him a
> Craftsmen.!!

However, not all "craftsmen" are electricians, and electricians are
ALWAYS certified.

Greg

On 18/06/2011 6:13 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Jun 2011 21:03:10 +1200, Msgr Scooter<aqc.zwoau@fshccqg.123>
> wrote:
>
>> On , , Fri, 17 Jun 2011 11:22:14 +1200, Re: Leakage Current Info, Frank
>> Williams<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> You sick little person or should say a It, and at least I have done some
>>> thing, all you have done is proven what a nasty person/it you are.
>>>

>>> Ive been playing with mains powered stuff long be for you was born or
>>> may be hatched.

>> And "playing with" is the operative term.
>> Real men with certificates "work" with it.

> Real Men with a certificates does not mean you get quality workman
> ship.

At least it proves at some point in time that the person with the
certificate was/is competent, no certificate = no proof of ever been
competent

> A Craftsmen is a Craftsmen a Certificates does not make him a
> Craftsmen.!!

Um... that's the whole point of the certificate to prove by a set of
standards that the person is good at his craft