Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: Calling web service from web page; concurrency problems?

Re: Calling web service from web page; concurrency problems?

Sami Vaaraniemi

Modify the connectionManagement element in machine.config (machine wide) or
web.config (per application):

<system.net>
<connectionManagement>
<add address="*" maxconnection="6"/>
</connectionManagement>
</system.net>

This would allow for 6 concurrent outbound calls.

Btw the default limit of 2 is imposed by the HTTP 1.1 standard. This limit
makes sense when the client is a desktop application, but not really when it
is a web application.

hth, Sami
www.capehill.net

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...