Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Getting Button Click Event to my UserControl

Getting Button Click Event to my UserControl

Pingo

Hi!

How do I handle a Page event in my UserControl.

My .aspx page contain 5 different buttons and one of them is the SAVE button.
All buttons do PostBack to the page but only one should Save the data in the forms.

I want my UserControl to know when the SAVE button is clicked.

example:

//this code is what i would like in my UserControl
if (IsPostBack) {
if (???) { // Is Save Button = clicked
//Save some data in my UserControl
}
}

//this code is in the .aspx page

private void submitbtn_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) {
// do something here
}

private void InitializeComponent() {
this.submitbtn.Click += new System.EventHandler(this.submitbtn_Click);
}

Hope you understand my problem.

Kind Regards,
Pingo