Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Why cant Browesers Print.

Why cant Browesers Print.

Frank Williams

Why cant Browesers Print.

Try this article in print preview

http://lifehacker.com/5446092/the-de...f-your-netbook

Try this article

Opera 11 seems to stuff up badly and from trying to print with it it
would be the worse Brorser for pinting.

IE8 seems to be OK.

Firefox 4 drops a few pages.

Richard

On 4/06/2011 1:49 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:

> Why cant Browesers Print.
>

> Try this article in print preview
>
> http://lifehacker.com/5446092/the-de...f-your-netbook
>

> Try this article
>
> Opera 11 seems to stuff up badly and from trying to print with it it
> would be the worse Brorser for pinting.
>
> IE8 seems to be OK.
>
> Firefox 4 drops a few pages.

Web designers makeing it for screen and not providing an alternate
printing stylesheet.

Cant blame the browsers for doing a **** job when most web design is
fixed width **** because designers are lazy.

Boots

On Sat, 04 Jun 2011 13:49:00 +1200, Frank Williams wrote:

> Why cant Browesers Print.

Because "browsers" are designed to render web pages designed for display
on a monitor, and not on a printer.

IF your browser can handle CSS, and IF your browser can print, and IF the
web page in question has been designed with a different CSS for printing
instead of the one designed for display on a monitor, then PERHAPS your
browser might be able to print a web page in a way that fits on the width
of a single page.

Lindsay.Rollo@paradisedotnetdotnz

My solution to this problem is to capture the item as a .pdf.

If I want to print the item, printing from any .pdf program is usually
quite straight forward and preserves the spatial relationships of the
original display.

In Firefox 4 the menu bar add-on 'Save as PDF' by pdfcrowd.com does a
good job; before this add-on came along, I used PDF995 for years,
usually set as my default printer.

victor

On 4/06/2011 1:49 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:

> Why cant Browesers Print.
>

> Try this article in print preview
>
> http://lifehacker.com/5446092/the-de...f-your-netbook
>

> Try this article
>
> Opera 11 seems to stuff up badly and from trying to print with it it
> would be the worse Brorser for pinting.
>
> IE8 seems to be OK.
>
> Firefox 4 drops a few pages.

Install the Readability add-on in Firefox or Chrome