Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > The best PRINTER for $300

The best PRINTER for $300

ijones@jejejeje.it

Hi, can anyone tell me what ethernet Printer for $300 is the best?
I need:
good Photo quality, Scanner and cheap cartridge.
thanks

me again

Robert Baer wrote:
>> Hi, can anyone tell me what ethernet Printer for $300 is the best?
>> I need:
>> good Photo quality, Scanner and cheap cartridge.
>> thanks

> As far as i can tell, NO manufacturer has made a printer that uses cheap
> cartridges for the past 2 or so years.
> Canon made at least one (cartridge set ~$4.50) 5 years ago but it and
> all "related" printers (ie used same set) are not only obsolete, but
> nobody carries them even as refurbished.

Their strategy is called the "Gillette Strategy" as in make the razor cheap and make
profit from the blades.

Chris S.

"me again" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:isb8hb$vu2$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Robert Baer wrote:
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>> Hi, can anyone tell me what ethernet Printer for $300 is the best?
>>> I need:
>>> good Photo quality, Scanner and cheap cartridge.
>>> thanks

>> As far as i can tell, NO manufacturer has made a printer that uses cheap
>> cartridges for the past 2 or so years.
>> Canon made at least one (cartridge set ~$4.50) 5 years ago but it and
>> all "related" printers (ie used same set) are not only obsolete, but
>> nobody carries them even as refurbished.

> Their strategy is called the "Gillette Strategy" as in make the razor
> cheap and make profit from the blades.

And Eastman Kodak predated them with the "cheap" box camera and expensive
film.....