Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > moving controls at runtime

Reply
Thread Tools

moving controls at runtime

 
 
xs
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-01-2004
I have a datagrid and a button. The contents of datagrid is dynamic. My
button is placed below the datagrid. If there are too many items in Datagrid
the button and datagrid will be overlapped. Is there any way to move the
button at runtime?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-01-2004
You have your web form pageLayout property set to GridLayout.
Instead, change it to FlowLayout. In my opinion this should be the default
in VS.NET.

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP
http://Steve.Orr.net


"xs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a datagrid and a button. The contents of datagrid is dynamic. My
> button is placed below the datagrid. If there are too many items in

Datagrid
> the button and datagrid will be overlapped. Is there any way to move the
> button at runtime?
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
xs
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-01-2004
I have tried but it doest work. The controls still overlap

"Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You have your web form pageLayout property set to GridLayout.
> Instead, change it to FlowLayout. In my opinion this should be the

default
> in VS.NET.
>
> --
> I hope this helps,
> Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP
> http://Steve.Orr.net
>
>
> "xs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have a datagrid and a button. The contents of datagrid is dynamic. My
> > button is placed below the datagrid. If there are too many items in

> Datagrid
> > the button and datagrid will be overlapped. Is there any way to move the
> > button at runtime?
> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-01-2004
You may need to delete them and re-add them to your form after you change to
flow layout.
In the future set your form to flowlayout in the first place then you won't
have that problem.

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP
http://Steve.Orr.net


"xs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have tried but it doest work. The controls still overlap
>
> "Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > You have your web form pageLayout property set to GridLayout.
> > Instead, change it to FlowLayout. In my opinion this should be the

> default
> > in VS.NET.
> >
> > --
> > I hope this helps,
> > Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP
> > http://Steve.Orr.net
> >
> >
> > "xs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I have a datagrid and a button. The contents of datagrid is dynamic.

My
> > > button is placed below the datagrid. If there are too many items in

> > Datagrid
> > > the button and datagrid will be overlapped. Is there any way to move

the
> > > button at runtime?
> > >
> > >

> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
xs
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-01-2004
It worked. Thanks a million
"Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> You may need to delete them and re-add them to your form after you change

to
> flow layout.
> In the future set your form to flowlayout in the first place then you

won't
> have that problem.
>
> --
> I hope this helps,
> Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP
> http://Steve.Orr.net
>
>
> "xs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have tried but it doest work. The controls still overlap
> >
> > "Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > You have your web form pageLayout property set to GridLayout.
> > > Instead, change it to FlowLayout. In my opinion this should be the

> > default
> > > in VS.NET.
> > >
> > > --
> > > I hope this helps,
> > > Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP
> > > http://Steve.Orr.net
> > >
> > >
> > > "xs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > > I have a datagrid and a button. The contents of datagrid is dynamic.

> My
> > > > button is placed below the datagrid. If there are too many items in
> > > Datagrid
> > > > the button and datagrid will be overlapped. Is there any way to move

> the
> > > > button at runtime?
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >

> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Free Moving Estimate, Local Movers, Long Distance Moving, PackingSupplies, Storage Rental, Home Moving, Apartment Moving, Office Moving,Commercial Moving linkswanted ASP .Net 0 01-06-2008 04:45 AM
Moving to California Moving to L.A linkswanted Digital Photography 3 01-05-2008 04:22 PM
movers los angeles moving storage services movers in L.A companymoving companies moving in calfornia los angeles linkswanted HTML 0 12-21-2007 10:55 PM
Moving Web Controls as runtime vbGansta ASP .Net Web Controls 3 02-10-2004 07:36 PM



Advertisments