Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > DVD DL Disks

DVD DL Disks

Possible

Seems to have a lot of Failures with the imation brand, found that I did
have a firmware upgrade to my Pioneer DVR-212 but that did not fix it.

The cheap Spindle of Meorex disk worked , but only tried one.

I imation worked but 3 have failed.

Funny thing is the imation is a RITEK S04

The Memorex is a RITEK S04

A Verbatim worked its a MKM 001

The only brand that gets the thumbs up on the net is Verbatum.

Trouble is Brand labels don't mean a thing, I have seen brands in the
past made by 3 different Factories.

The Pioneer Firmware 1.28 list only MKM, Yuden, Maxell. MBI, DVD DL

no RITEK DVD DL listed

But it states that if unknown MID it burns at 2X

Richard

On 5/30/2011 7:32 PM, Possible wrote:

> Seems to have a lot of Failures with the imation brand, found that I did
> have a firmware upgrade to my Pioneer DVR-212 but that did not fix it.
>

> The cheap Spindle of Meorex disk worked , but only tried one.
>
> I imation worked but 3 have failed.
>
> Funny thing is the imation is a RITEK S04
>
> The Memorex is a RITEK S04
>
> A Verbatim worked its a MKM 001
>

> The only brand that gets the thumbs up on the net is Verbatum.
>

> Trouble is Brand labels don't mean a thing, I have seen brands in the
> past made by 3 different Factories.
>

> The Pioneer Firmware 1.28 list only MKM, Yuden, Maxell. MBI, DVD DL
>
> no RITEK DVD DL listed
>
> But it states that if unknown MID it burns at 2X

Yeah, only use for the DLs I found was the 360 stuff. Unreliable slow
crap. Nail in the coffin for optical media for many people when they
failed on them.