Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Re: for your languages

Re: for your languages

Anders Wegge Keller

"io_x" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> are you sure your langages are better than some type of macro-assembly?

C is *portable* macro assembler, and little more. Now go and troll
somewhere else.

--
/Wegge

Leder efter redundant peering af dk.*,linux.debian.*

Angel

On 2011-05-28, Anders Wegge Keller <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "io_x" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
>> are you sure your langages are better than some type of macro-assembly?

> C is *portable* macro assembler, and little more. Now go and troll
> somewhere else.

C is fairly unique among programming languages in that it can be used
both at a very high abstract- and a very low machine level.

- seen in comp.lang.c

Keith Thompson

Anders Wegge Keller <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> "io_x" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>> are you sure your langages are better than some type of macro-assembly?

> C is *portable* macro assembler, and little more. Now go and troll
> somewhere else.

No, C is not a macro assembler. Assembly language programs specify
CPU instructions. C programs specify behavior.

Nokia

Keith Thompson

Angel <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> On 2011-05-28, Anders Wegge Keller <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> "io_x" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>>
>>> are you sure your langages are better than some type of macro-assembly?

>> C is *portable* macro assembler, and little more. Now go and troll
>> somewhere else.

> C is fairly unique among programming languages in that it can be used
> both at a very high abstract- and a very low machine level.

It's hardly unique in that respect. There are plenty of other languages
that can be used that way. (Ada is just one example.)

Nokia