Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > My windows 7 dell inspiron laptop keeps shutting down

My windows 7 dell inspiron laptop keeps shutting down

Littleblack Littleblack is offline
Junior Member

Hi to everyone!
Guys I've got a big issue with my laptop. Is a dell inspiron which i bought 3 years ago with Windows vista on it. few month ago it was shutting down by its self and friends told me that it may need a format. So i did it but i replaced the OS with an Windows 7, hopping that my problem will disappear, but it did not disappear. Is still shutting down by its self and i do not know what to do.
This is happening specially when i am browsing on the Internet. My default internet browser is Google chrome, but I still have internet explorer installed.
I trust that there is somebody that could help me on this issue. I will greatly appreciate!!
Thanking in advance for your advice.
Kind regards,
Littleblack

ZeLo ZeLo is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleblack View Post
Hi to everyone!
Guys I've got a big issue with my laptop. Is a dell inspiron which i bought 3 years ago with Windows vista on it. few month ago it was shutting down by its self and friends told me that it may need a format. So i did it but i replaced the OS with an Windows 7, hopping that my problem will disappear, but it did not disappear. Is still shutting down by its self and i do not know what to do.
This is happening specially when i am browsing on the Internet. My default internet browser is Google chrome, but I still have internet explorer installed.
I trust that there is somebody that could help me on this issue. I will greatly appreciate!!
Thanking in advance for your advice.
Kind regards,
Littleblack
hey if that is happing check your battery and run it on a/c if that dosent fix it it could be your ram try runny mem 86+that will do some test and hopefully fix it also you can take out the one ofthe sticks of ram but if i can renember one of the sticks of ram are under the keyboard and one under the bottom so pull one out see if that helps if it happends put it back and do the same with the other i recomend haveing someone professional do it for you if you dont know how to do it yourself but if that works then its your ram also have you had any times there when you have gotten 3 beeps if so email me at Zelo37(at sign)hotmai.com