Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Everything today is an effort in cost-cutting

Everything today is an effort in cost-cutting

John Turco

PeterN wrote:

> > On 5/28/2011 4:34 AM, RichA wrote:

<edited for brevity>

> > No, I've always disliked the use of plastic. But as for high prices
> > and cost-cutting, they have nothing to do with each other, if you
> > think about it. A solidly-made camera body (Pentax K5) produced for a
> > fair price isn't the same as $2000 for a prime lens that could cost
> > $1000.00, with NO cuts to material quality. When companies cut to the
> > bone however, they are pandering to cheap bastards who will fight
> > tooth and nail to save $20 on a $1000 purchase. Losers. The kind who
> > will mount a $2000 camera on a $50 tripod, or use a $15 filter on a
> > $1000 lens or who will use a $10 non-speed rated SD card in a DSLR.

> AWQUITYERBULLSHITANDCRYING
>
> WTF are you ranting about.
> What are you qualifications for drawing your conclusions.
> What is the supportable factual basis for your conclusions.
>
> Do you even begin to understand cost accounting. If so, please explain
> your calculations. Does Pentax give you access to this inside information.

Pentax wouldn't even allow Richard Anderson "inside" its front door. He'd
need to break in, like the bungling burglar he is.

Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>