Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > CISCO 3010X: Password Recovery

CISCO 3010X: Password Recovery

Rainer Bls

Dear all,
in order to revover the lost password of a 3110X switch
we followed exactly the procedure described in Chapter 47 of this
manual:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/swit...e/1800801.html

After releasing the MODE button we see these messages

"Password recovery mechanism is enabled. The system has been
interrupted prior to

initializing the flash file system. The following commands will
initialize the flash file system, and

finish loading the operating system software:

flash_init

boot

NOTE: In contrast to the manual we do NOT see the "load_helper"
command here.

In the next step we initialized the flash filesystem by entering
SWITCH: flash_init

Because we could not load any helper file (load_helper: cmd not found)
we displayed the
switch file system

SWITCH: dir flash:

and saw only 1 file called 'multiple-fs' and 1 directory called
'cbs31x0-universal-mz.122-52.SE' with this contents:

- info (file)

-html (directory)

But there is no 'config.txt' file at all!
Therefore we boot up the system and tried to enter the Exec mode:
SWITCH> enable
Password:

How do we get rid of this password, we were confused now!

Greetings, Rainer

bensonlei@yahoo.com.hk

On 5月27日, 下午8時34分, Rainer Bläs <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Dear all,
> in order to revover the lost password of a 3110X switch
> we followed exactly the procedure described in Chapter 47 of this
> manual:
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/swit...rdware/quick/g...
>
> After releasing the MODE button we see these messages
>
> "Password recovery mechanism is enabled. The system has been
> interrupted prior to
>
> initializing the flash file system. The following commands will
> initialize the flash file system, and
>
> finish loading the operating system software:
>
> flash_init
>
> boot
>
> NOTE: In contrast to the manual we do NOT see the "load_helper"
> command here.
>
> In the next step we initialized the flash filesystem by entering
> *SWITCH: flash_init
>
> Because we could not load any helper file (load_helper: cmd not found)
> we displayed the
> switch file system
>
> SWITCH: dir flash:
>
> and saw only 1 file called 'multiple-fs' and 1 directory called
> 'cbs31x0-universal-mz.122-52.SE' with this contents:
>
> - info (file)
>
> -html (directory)
>
> But there is no 'config.txt' *file at all!
> Therefore we boot up the system and tried to enter the Exec mode:
> SWITCH> enable
> Password:
>
> How do we get rid of this password, we were confused now!
>
> Greetings, Rainer

Hi, just a hint that no "configure.txt" means no previous
configuration. try the default password might be helpful.

These special Blade Switches for differnet vendors may have different
default password.

Rainer Bls

On 27 Mai, 14:34, Rainer Bls <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Dear all,
> in order to revover the lost password of a 3110X switch
> we followed exactly the procedure described in Chapter 47 of this
> manual:
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/swit...rdware/quick/g...
>
> After releasing the MODE button we see these messages
>
> "Password recovery mechanism is enabled. The system has been
> interrupted prior to
>
> initializing the flash file system. The following commands will
> initialize the flash file system, and
>
> finish loading the operating system software:
>
> flash_init
>
> boot
>
> NOTE: In contrast to the manual we do NOT see the "load_helper"
> command here.
>
> In the next step we initialized the flash filesystem by entering
> *SWITCH: flash_init
>
> Because we could not load any helper file (load_helper: cmd not found)
> we displayed the
> switch file system
>
> SWITCH: dir flash:
>
> and saw only 1 file called 'multiple-fs' and 1 directory called
> 'cbs31x0-universal-mz.122-52.SE' with this contents:
>
> - info (file)
>
> -html (directory)
>
> But there is no 'config.txt' *file at all!
> Therefore we boot up the system and tried to enter the Exec mode:
> SWITCH> enable
> Password:
>
> How do we get rid of this password, we were confused now!
>
> Greetings, Rainer

@bensonlei:
Perfect. You are right. I found out the Default Password it's'cisco'
Many thanks for your hint!
Rainer