Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Manage the user Count or restricting the logged in users

Manage the user Count or restricting the logged in users

Sravan

Hi,
I've an existing appication, which needs a change, and it has to be as
minimal as possible. I'll have to restrcit the number of users to
hundred. How can we handle.

Some Information:
--------------------------
Application runs on Servlets/JSP tech's
--> http://www.xyzws.com/servletfaq/when...sionlistener/7
This is idea to implement the above approach, and create a static
variable to maintain the count of the numer of sessions,
The only two ways that we need to handle are.. (for the session
destroyed)
a) session time-out and
b) Closing the browser

Will the above approach does the job?
Or any other simpler solutions,
we use WAS server.. any server settings that can help do this.

Please suggest few inputs...