Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Should Ballmer Go?

Should Ballmer Go?

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Microsoft’s share price has been in long-term decline the past decade (since
about the time Ballmer took over). Should they get a new CEO?

<http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/hedge-fund-manager-wants-microsofts-ballmer-to-go-why-it-wont-happen/49424>

Boots

On Fri, 27 May 2011 16:14:25 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

> Microsoft’s share price has been in long-term decline the past decade
> (since about the time Ballmer took over). Should they get a new CEO?
>
> <http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/hedge-...ts-microsofts-

ballmer-to-go-why-it-wont-happen/49424>

I don't think it matters who is CEO of Microsoft so long as they continue
to fail to produce new innovative products.

The last true innovation that Microsoft did was MS Word on the Mac - back
in the '80s. Since then they've only copied other people's ideas. Now
those ideas are commonplace.

Squiggle

On 27/05/2011 4:14 p.m., Lawrence D'Oliveiro threw some characters down
the intarwebs:
> Microsoft’s share price has been in long-term decline the past decade (since
> about the time Ballmer took over). Should they get a new CEO?

Are you a microsoft shareholder? No? Are you a microsoft customer or
employee? No? Then what concern of is it of yours?

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <irndhf$2fc$(E-Mail Removed)>, Squiggle wrote:

> On 27/05/2011 4:14 p.m., Lawrence D'Oliveiro threw some characters down
> the intarwebs:
>
>> Microsoft’s share price has been in long-term decline the past decade
>> (since about the time Ballmer took over). Should they get a new CEO?

> Are you a microsoft shareholder? No? Are you a microsoft customer or
> employee? No? Then what concern of is it of yours?

You mean am I qualified to tell you to STFU?

Yes.

Squiggle

On 27/05/2011 11:08 p.m., Lawrence D'Oliveiro threw some characters down
the intarwebs:
> In message <irndhf$2fc$(E-Mail Removed)>, Squiggle wrote:
>
>> On 27/05/2011 4:14 p.m., Lawrence D'Oliveiro threw some characters down
>> the intarwebs:
>>
>>> Microsoft’s share price has been in long-term decline the past decade
>>> (since about the time Ballmer took over). Should they get a new CEO?

>> Are you a microsoft shareholder? No? Are you a microsoft customer or
>> employee? No? Then what concern of is it of yours?

> You mean am I qualified to tell you to STFU?
>
> Yes.

But you are also wielding zero authority, and demand a similar amount of
respect...

Boots

On Fri, 27 May 2011 17:41:01 +1200, Squiggle wrote:

> On 27/05/2011 4:14 p.m., Lawrence D'Oliveiro threw some characters down
> the intarwebs:
>> Microsoft’s share price has been in long-term decline the past decade
>> (since about the time Ballmer took over). Should they get a new CEO?

> Are you a microsoft shareholder? No? Are you a microsoft customer or
> employee? No? Then what concern of is it of yours?

Everyone who's ever purchased a fully assembled ready-to-go computer in
the last 20 years is a Microsoft customer.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <iro1pj$d9b$(E-Mail Removed)>, Squiggle wrote:

> On 27/05/2011 11:08 p.m., Lawrence D'Oliveiro threw some characters down
> the intarwebs:
>
>> In message <irndhf$2fc$(E-Mail Removed)>, Squiggle wrote:
>>
>>> On 27/05/2011 4:14 p.m., Lawrence D'Oliveiro threw some characters down
>>> the intarwebs:

>>> Are you a microsoft shareholder? No? Are you a microsoft customer or
>>> employee? No? Then what concern of is it of yours?

>> You mean am I qualified to tell you to STFU?
>>
>> Yes.

> But you are also wielding zero authority, and demand a similar amount of
> respect...

You asked a question, I gave you the answer. If you weren’t going to pay
attention to the answer, why did you ask the question?

David Empson

Boots <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Fri, 27 May 2011 17:41:01 +1200, Squiggle wrote:
>
> > On 27/05/2011 4:14 p.m., Lawrence D'Oliveiro threw some characters down
> > the intarwebs:
> >> Microsoft's share price has been in long-term decline the past decade
> >> (since about the time Ballmer took over). Should they get a new CEO?

> > Are you a microsoft shareholder? No? Are you a microsoft customer or
> > employee? No? Then what concern of is it of yours?

> Everyone who's ever purchased a fully assembled ready-to-go computer in
> the last 20 years is a Microsoft customer.

Except anyone who didn't buy a computer with Windows or MS-DOS
preinstalled. Such as a Macintosh. Or a PC with Linux preinstalled (rare
but some manufacturers offered this).

--
David Empson

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <1k1ydva.191zwyzeo2fsqN%(E-Mail Removed)>, David Empson
wrote:

> Except anyone who didn't buy a computer with Windows or MS-DOS
> preinstalled. Such as a Macintosh. Or a PC with Linux preinstalled (rare
> but some manufacturers offered this).

Of the four non-Apple PCs I have bought, one had Xandros preinstalled,
another came with a couple of Mandrake 9.2 CDs in the box (that was a while
ago), and the other two came with no OS at all.

Boots

On Sat, 28 May 2011 10:55:27 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

> Of the four non-Apple PCs I have bought, one had Xandros preinstalled,
> another came with a couple of Mandrake 9.2 CDs in the box (that was a
> while ago), and the other two came with no OS at all.

And where did you purchase them from? Noel Leemings?

How representative of the general population would you suggest your
pattern of purchases is?