Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Get debugging to stop on line executing when error occurs

Get debugging to stop on line executing when error occurs

Lloyd Sheen

Is there a setting in VS2003 to ensure that when debugging a page it will
stop on all errors. At present it just displays a page with the error but I
want it to stop at that line when the error occurs so I can see the
variables etc.

Lloyd Sheen

Christophe Gijbels

Hi Lloyd

Before you start debugging go to the menu choose Debug -> Exceptions... ->
Click "Common Language Runtime Exceptions" and then in de region "When the
exception is thrown" select "Break into the debugger"

Any CLR exception will break into the debugger and the corresponding line
(if possible) will be highlighted.

Kind regards

Christophe

"Lloyd Sheen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:kuH2c.135513$(E-Mail Removed) le.rogers.com...
> Is there a setting in VS2003 to ensure that when debugging a page it will
> stop on all errors. At present it just displays a page with the error but

> want it to stop at that line when the error occurs so I can see the
> variables etc.
>
> Lloyd Sheen

Lloyd Sheen

Great thanks.

Lloyd Sheen

"Christophe Gijbels" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:QUH2c.26212$(E-Mail Removed)-ops.be...
> Hi Lloyd
>
> Before you start debugging go to the menu choose Debug -> Exceptions... ->
> Click "Common Language Runtime Exceptions" and then in de region "When

the
> exception is thrown" select "Break into the debugger"
>
> Any CLR exception will break into the debugger and the corresponding line
> (if possible) will be highlighted.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Christophe
>

> "Lloyd Sheen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

message
> news:kuH2c.135513$(E-Mail Removed) le.rogers.com...
> > Is there a setting in VS2003 to ensure that when debugging a page it

will
> > stop on all errors. At present it just displays a page with the error

but
> > want it to stop at that line when the error occurs so I can see the
> > variables etc.
> >
> > Lloyd Sheen

Lloyd Sheen

Now there is another problem. Each time I debug, the program stops before
anything occurs, giving an error message "Access to ther path h8mtjjing.dll"
is denied (actually the dll name changes). If I continue things are ok but
this makes debugging a bit difficult and time consuming.

Lloyd Sheen

news:BdI2c.135959$(E-Mail Removed) ble.rogers.com...