Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco Pix 515E Password recovery problem

Cisco Pix 515E Password recovery problem

05-21-2011
I am following the directions from cisco plugged into the console port. I downloaded the correct password reset for the version of the pix but when I try to enter an ip address for either ethernet port 0 or port 1 all I get is auto negotiation timed out. Ethernet port 0 could not be initialized. I get the same for ethernet port 1. I am using terra term 64bit program with windows 7 ultimate on my laptop. Are there some settings that are not correct or is it because I am using a 64 bit program with my computer or just plain out of luck. Bought this thing on ebay and seller will take it back but would like to keep it if I can get into the machine. Any suggestions?
Thanks.