Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Errors

Errors

Drew

Hey all. I keep getting these errors day in and day out lately. I follow
the link, do what I am supposed to and yet it keeps happening

Failed extract of third-party root list from auto update cab at:
<http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/authrootstl.cab>
with error: A required certificate is not within its validity period
when verifying against the current system clock or the timestamp in the
signed file.
..
This is getting a little old now. any advice? My hair is white enough
and I just don't need it falling out or being torn out over this.

Tony

On May 20, 10:46*pm, Drew <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hey all. I keep getting these errors day in and day out lately. I follow

Are you running anything, like something that needs a 'service' which
needs to be updated - but that also, coincidentally has expired?

Nero, or whatever?

Is there any code that comes with the message?

Tony. . .

Drew

On 5/20/2011 2:33 PM, Tony wrote:
> On May 20, 10:46 pm, Drew<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Hey all. I keep getting these errors day in and day out lately. I follow

> Are you running anything, like something that needs a 'service' which
> needs to be updated - but that also, coincidentally has expired?
>
> Nero, or whatever?
>
> Is there any code that comes with the message?
>

> Tony. . .

event id 4107. source cap12. if that helps.. Basically my computer seems
to wake up every afternoon before I get home and the only thing I can
find is this error in event viewer. system is clean, no virus's or
malware. I have checked for this before with both Avast and Malwarebytes
I do not run any recording services or anything like that. The weird
thing is if I restart the computer it will go to sleep right on schedule
but if I use it for just about anything during restart and it's
scheduled time for sleep mode then it will not go into said sleep mode.
Strange crap indeed!

Tony

On May 21, 12:50*am, Drew <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 5/20/2011 2:33 PM, Tony wrote:> On May 20, 10:46 pm, Drew<(E-Mail Removed)> *wrote:
> >> Hey all. I keep getting these errors day in and day out lately. I follow

Check These:

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?e...-Windows-CAPI2

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...2-fc62a3507c1b

Plenty more of these 'buggers', if you google event ID (x).

Good reading - and good luck!

Good night, Tony. . .

Tony

On May 21, 1:47*am, Tony <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Check These:
>
> http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?e...Microsoft-Wind....
>
> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...ogeneral/threa...
>
> Plenty more of these 'buggers', if you google event ID (x).
>
> Good reading - and good luck!
>
> Good night, Tony. . .

Also:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2328240

You make up for yourself if this is valid but it contains a MS Support
'Fix It' Wizard.
Someone clearly heard of this before!

Night-all, Tony. . .