Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > newb question: does a return visit to an asp.net page mean that...

newb question: does a return visit to an asp.net page mean that...

xerj

....the page delivered is always refreshed?

Or does the browser display what's in the cache?

Thanks in advance.

Martha[MSFT]

The browser will display what is in cache unless you hit refresh.

"xerj" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> ...the page delivered is always refreshed?
>
> Or does the browser display what's in the cache?
>
> Thanks in advance.

xerj

Hmmm.

Once again, a newbie question and I'm sorry if this isn't the place, but how
do I make it so that a visitor to the site sees an updated page when they
get there?

For instance, I have my browser set to "Automatic", but for the site I have
up, whenever I update it, I ALWAYS have to press refresh (or sometimes
ctr-ref) for the new page to display. This happens even when I have the
browser set to "Always Update".

What am I doing wrong?

Martha[MSFT]

What browser are you using? IE? If so, instead of setting it to
"automatically" set it to "Every visit to the page" and it should get a
fresh copy everytime you access the page. You probably already know it, but
the setting I am talking about is
Tools->InternetOptions->TemporaryInternetFiles(Click On "Settings").

Hope this helps.

"xerj" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hmmm.
>
> Once again, a newbie question and I'm sorry if this isn't the place, but

how
> do I make it so that a visitor to the site sees an updated page when they
> get there?
>
> For instance, I have my browser set to "Automatic", but for the site I

have
> up, whenever I update it, I ALWAYS have to press refresh (or sometimes
> ctr-ref) for the new page to display. This happens even when I have the
> browser set to "Always Update".
>
> What am I doing wrong?

xerj

Yup, that's what I'm doing with IE, but even when I set it to "every visit",
when I change a page at my site it still requires me to press refresh for
the new page to come up.

Anyway, I don't want to clog up this group with questions not about asp.net.
I'll ask elsewhere. Thank you for the help, however.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...