Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > How to operate 2 connection to one router ??

How to operate 2 connection to one router ??

Sahm

Hi ever one

I have 2 connection from router 2811 to isp but i cant operate only
one to internet .
how i can operate the second

Best
Saiim

Morph

In the message
<(E-Mail Removed)> Sahm
wrote:

| Hi ever one
|
| I have 2 connection from router 2811 to isp but i cant operate only
| one to internet .
| how i can operate the second

What exactly do you want to do with the second connection?
You can configure it as a standby internet link using the IP SLA
feature. When the first internet link would go down the router would
automaticaly switch to the second.
https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-6078

bensonlei@yahoo.com.hk

On 5月20日, 上午12時19分, Sahm <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi ever one
>
> I have 2 connection from router 2811 to isp but i cant operate only
> one to internet .
> how i can operate the second
>
> Best
> Saiim

There are many combinations for your question :
1. your router to one ISP
2. your router to two individual ISPs

Which option ?

Further to your questions:
1. do you have own IP subnets ( not loaned from local ISP ) ?
2. do you have own BGP ASN number ?

If "no" to the above questions, you may have the following questions:
1. two network links for incoming traffic only ?
2. two network links for outgoing traffic only ? ( WAN load-balancer
is OK )
3. two network links for both incoming and outgoing traffic ?
( further discussion )

Sahm

On May 20, 7:02*am, "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> On 5月20日, 上午12時19分, Sahm <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Hi ever one

> > I have 2 connection from router 2811 to isp but i cant operate only
> > one to internet .
> > how i can operate the second

> > Best
> > Saiim

> There are many combinations for your question :
> 1. your router to one ISP
> 2. your router to two individual ISPs
>
> Which option ?
>
> Further to your questions:
> 1. do you have own IP subnets ( not loaned from local ISP ) *?
> 2. do you have own BGP ASN number ?
>
> If "no" to the above questions, you may have the following questions:
> 1. two network links for incoming traffic only ?
> 2. two network links for outgoing traffic only ? ( WAN load-balancer
> is OK )
> 3. two network links for both incoming and outgoing traffic ?
> ( further discussion )

HI
Thank you for your reply
What I have are 2 connection. the first is leased line with internet
access and public IP. the second connection is ADSL, and both line
connect to one router cisco 2811.
my Q? are
1- How can I configure the 2 connection to work as load balance.
2- How can I configure the router to manage the traffic to use one of
the connection depending on protocols to or ports ?

Best

Salim

bensonlei@yahoo.com.hk

On 5月20日, 下午2時56分, Sahm <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On May 20, 7:02*am, "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

> > On 5月20日, 上午12時19分, Sahm <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > > Hi ever one

> > > I have 2 connection from router 2811 to isp but i cant operate only
> > > one to internet .
> > > how i can operate the second

> > > Best
> > > Saiim

> > There are many combinations for your question :
> > 1. your router to one ISP
> > 2. your router to two individual ISPs

> > Which option ?

> > Further to your questions:
> > 1. do you have own IP subnets ( not loaned from local ISP ) *?
> > 2. do you have own BGP ASN number ?

> > If "no" to the above questions, you may have the following questions:
> > 1. two network links for incoming traffic only ?
> > 2. two network links for outgoing traffic only ? ( WAN load-balancer
> > is OK )
> > 3. two network links for both incoming and outgoing traffic ?
> > ( further discussion )

> HI
> Thank you for your reply
> What I have are 2 connection. the first is leased line with internet
> access and public IP. the second connection is ADSL, and both line
> connect to one router cisco 2811.
> my Q? are
> 1- How can I configure the 2 connection to work as load balance.
> 2- How can I configure the router to manage the traffic to use one of
> the connection depending on protocols to or ports ?
>
> Best
>
> Salim- 隱藏被引用文* -
>
> - 顯示被引用文* -

Hi, you seem want to surf the internet only ( but no incoming traffic
-- no internet service to outsider ) ?

many solutions:
1. floating static routing
2. dynamic routings
3. even route map

Cheers

Sahm

On May 20, 10:11*am, "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> On 5月20日, 下午2時56分, Sahm <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> > On May 20, 7:02*am, "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > wrote:

> > > There are many combinations for your question :
> > > 1. your router to one ISP
> > > 2. your router to two individual ISPs

> > > Which option ?

> > > Further to your questions:
> > > 1. do you have own IP subnets ( not loaned from local ISP ) *?
> > > 2. do you have own BGP ASN number ?

> > > If "no" to the above questions, you may have the following questions:
> > > 1. two network links for incoming traffic only ?
> > > 2. two network links for outgoing traffic only ? ( WAN load-balancer
> > > is OK )
> > > 3. two network links for both incoming and outgoing traffic ?
> > > ( further discussion )

> > HI
> > Thank you for your reply
> > What I have are 2 connection. the first is leased line with internet
> > access and public IP. the second connection is ADSL, and both line
> > connect to one router cisco 2811.
> > my Q? are
> > 1- How can I configure the 2 connection to work as load balance.
> > 2- How can I configure the router to manage the traffic to use one of
> > the connection depending on protocols to or ports ?

> > Best

> > Salim- 隱藏被引用文* -

> > - 顯示被引用文* -

> Hi, you seem want to surf the internet only ( but no incoming traffic
> -- no internet service to outsider ) ?
>
> many solutions:
> 1. floating static routing
> 2. dynamic routings
> 3. even route map
>
> Cheers

Hi

No, I use the leased line for VPN connection to an other side and e-
mail service like (Exchange OWA), and the ADSL for internet only.

Best
Salim

bensonlei@yahoo.com.hk

On 5月20日, 下午3時34分, Sahm <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On May 20, 10:11*am, "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

> > On 5月20日, 下午2時56分, Sahm<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > > HI
> > > Thank you for your reply
> > > What I have are 2 connection. the first is leased line with internet
> > > access and public IP. the second connection is ADSL, and both line
> > > connect to one router cisco 2811.
> > > my Q? are
> > > 1- How can I configure the 2 connection to work as load balance.
> > > 2- How can I configure the router to manage the traffic to use one of
> > > the connection depending on protocols to or ports ?

> > > Best

> > > Salim- 隱藏被引用文* -

> > > - 顯示被引用文* -

> > Hi, you seem want to surf the internet only ( but no incoming traffic
> > -- no internet service to outsider ) ?

> > many solutions:
> > 1. floating static routing
> > 2. dynamic routings
> > 3. even route map

> > Cheers

> Hi
>
> No, I use the leased line for VPN connection to an other side and e-
> mail service like (Exchange OWA), and the ADSL for internet only.
>
> Best
> Salim- 隱藏被引用文* -
>
> - 顯示被引用文* -

So you want the leased to sevice two purposes ( VPN and Exchange ) &
and ADSL line for internet surfing ?

Not so difficult for this solution:
1. VPN is one internet IP mapping + Exchange
2. default route to ADSL line ( web surfing ) ( all IP routing
excluding the item 1 services )

Due to IP addresses of item 1 are fixed ( loaned from the local
ISP ? ):
1. you can only do the load-sharing solution for these two lines; but
no resilient network for IP VPN nor Exchange
2. resilient network for internet surfing, if floating the default
route...( but not the load-balance nor load-sharing for internet
surfing )

Cheers