Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Firefox/Iceweasl Restarts

Firefox/Iceweasl Restarts

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

I used to say that I needed to quit and relaunch Firefox/Iceweasel about
every 5 days as it would become sluggish and less responsive otherwise.

Nowadays it seems more like 10 days. Of course, two things have changed in
that time: 1) I upgraded to version 4, and 2) I got a new quad-core i5
machine with 8GiB of RAM.

But looking at its current RAM usage, it’s only about 600MB physical, which
would have fitted comfortably in the old machine. So I think the difference
may be down to the newer version having better memory management.

Windows XP automatically restarts when I install a wirless adapter =?Utf-8?B?bWlrZQ==?= Wireless Networking 2 04-07-2005 07:34 PM
Restarts, restarts, restarts..... Gerry Wolf Computer Support 3 09-28-2004 09:25 PM
Monitoring Application Restarts KP ASP .Net 0 11-17-2003 09:03 PM
Application Restarts Senthil ASP .Net 2 07-04-2003 12:38 PM
App restarts, session disappears... Domien Holthof ASP .Net 1 06-25-2003 01:13 PM

Advertisments