Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Routing from Amazon VPC to my network.

Routing from Amazon VPC to my network.

Ciscoserver

I have a firewall that is connected to my Cisco Router and that
connects us to the internet and a VPC connecting to Amazon. From my
network of 192.168.0.x I can connect to the VPC which is 192.168.1.x.
But it does not connect back to my network. I can RDP into the outside
IP of my firewall but can not connect to my internal network from the
VPC. Do I need some sort of routing statement in the router so it
knows to go through my firewall to connect to my lan.

flamer die.spam@hotmail.com

On May 18, 7:22*am, Ciscoserver <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have a firewall that is connected to my Cisco Router and that
> connects us to the internet and a VPC connecting to Amazon. From my
> network of 192.168.0.x I can connect to the VPC which is 192.168.1.x.
> But it does not connect back to my network. I can RDP into the outside
> IP of my firewall but can not connect to my internal network from the
> VPC. Do I need some sort of routing statement in the router so it
> knows to go through my firewall to connect to my lan.

yes you still need to add a route from your internal network to the
inside network on the other side of the VPN. (use the private
addresses) and the route will need to be added to the other router
too.

Flamer.

Ciscoserver

On May 18, 7:35*pm, "flamer (E-Mail Removed)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On May 18, 7:22*am, Ciscoserver <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > I have a firewall that is connected to my Cisco Router and that
> > connects us to the internet and a VPC connecting to Amazon. From my
> > network of 192.168.0.x I can connect to the VPC which is 192.168.1.x.
> > But it does not connect back to my network. I can RDP into the outside
> > IP of my firewall but can not connect to my internal network from the
> > VPC. Do I need some sort of routing statement in the router so it
> > knows to go through my firewall to connect to my lan.

> yes you still need to add a route from your internal network to the
> inside network on the other side of the VPN. (use the private
> addresses) and the route will need to be added to the other router
> too.
>
> Flamer.

Thanks, since I am new to cisco what route would i need to use.