Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Nslookup

Nslookup

thingamabob

On 19/05/2011 1:15 PM, Doug Miller wrote:
1> Newsgroups: comp.lang.c++,comp.lang.php,comp.lang.java.program mer

1> [snippo]

What does that have to do with C++, PHP, or Java, Miller?

1> Please don't feed the trolls.

What does your unsubstantiated claim regarding Lahn have to do with C++,
PHP, or Java, Miller?

Jerry Stuckle

On 5/19/2011 12:40 PM, thingamabob wrote:
> On 19/05/2011 4:01 AM, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
> 1> Newsgroups: comp.lang.c++,comp.lang.php,comp.lang.java.program mer
>
> 1> Your other points aside, you are making an erroneous presupposition
> yourself
> 1> there.
>
> What does your classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim have to do
> with C++, PHP, or Java, Lahn?
>
> 1> For whether your argument makes sense in the first place depends on
> 1> where "here" is.
>
> The context of my remark was clearly Lew's statement regarding what
> topics are expected in comp.lang.java.programmer, Lahn. Suffering from
> reading comprehension problems, Lahn?
>
> 1> You have posted to *three* newsgroups, only one where Java
> 1> is on-topic.
>
> Classic pontification.
>
> 1> (I am reading this in comp.lang.php.)
>
> What does that have to do with C++ or Java, Lahn?
>
>> Please consider the Followup-To comp.lang.php in this posting (or
>> ignore it
>> and include another suitable newsgroup [about logic?] in the
>> Newsgroups list
>> and set Followup-To to it, or do not post a follow-up to this at all) and
>> stop doing that. All of you. TIA.

> What does your request have to do with C++ or Java, Lahn?
>
>> PointedEars

> What does that have to do with C++, PHP, or Java, Lahn?

Don't worry about him - he's a well-known troll in several newsgroups.
He never does have anything of substance to add. If he didn't troll he
wouldn't be able to post.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address

thingamabob

On 19/05/2011 1:45 PM, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
1> Newsgroups: comp.lang.c++,comp.lang.php,comp.lang.java.program mer

1> Don't worry about him - he's a well-known troll in several newsgroups.

What does Lahn's trolling have to do with C++, PHP, or Java, Stuckle?

1> He never does have anything of substance to add.

What does your unsubstantiated claim have to do with C++, PHP, or Java,
Stuckle?

1> If he didn't troll he wouldn't be able to post.

What does your unsubstantiated claim have to do with C++, PHP, or Java,
Stuckle?

Doug Miller

In article <ir3kvt$q5m$(E-Mail Removed)>, Jerry Stuckle <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On 5/19/2011 12:40 PM, thingamabob wrote:
>> On 19/05/2011 4:01 AM, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
>> 1> Newsgroups: comp.lang.c++,comp.lang.php,comp.lang.java.program mer
>>
>> 1> Your other points aside, you are making an erroneous presupposition
>> yourself
>> 1> there.
>>
>> What does your classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim have to do
>> with C++, PHP, or Java, Lahn?
>>
>> 1> For whether your argument makes sense in the first place depends on
>> 1> where "here" is.
>>
>> The context of my remark was clearly Lew's statement regarding what
>> topics are expected in comp.lang.java.programmer, Lahn. Suffering from
>> reading comprehension problems, Lahn?
>>
>> 1> You have posted to *three* newsgroups, only one where Java
>> 1> is on-topic.
>>
>> Classic pontification.
>>
>> 1> (I am reading this in comp.lang.php.)
>>
>> What does that have to do with C++ or Java, Lahn?
>>
>>> Please consider the Followup-To comp.lang.php in this posting (or
>>> ignore it
>>> and include another suitable newsgroup [about logic?] in the
>>> Newsgroups list
>>> and set Followup-To to it, or do not post a follow-up to this at all) and
>>> stop doing that. All of you. TIA.

>> What does your request have to do with C++ or Java, Lahn?
>>
>>> PointedEars

>> What does that have to do with C++, PHP, or Java, Lahn?

>Don't worry about him - he's a well-known troll in several newsgroups.
>He never does have anything of substance to add. If he didn't troll he
>wouldn't be able to post.

"thingamabob" is clearly a troll also -- please don't feed them.

thingamabob

On 19/05/2011 2:31 PM, Doug Miller wrote:
2> Newsgroups: comp.lang.c++,comp.lang.php,comp.lang.java.program mer

2> "thingamabob" is clearly a troll also

What does your classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim have to do
with C++, PHP, or Java, Miller?

2> -- please don't feed them.

What does your request-and-classic-erroneous-presupposition combo have

On 5/19/2011 2:31 PM, Doug Miller wrote:
> In article<ir3kvt$q5m$(E-Mail Removed)>, Jerry Stuckle<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On 5/19/2011 12:40 PM, thingamabob wrote:
>>> On 19/05/2011 4:01 AM, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
>>> 1> Newsgroups: comp.lang.c++,comp.lang.php,comp.lang.java.program mer
>>>
>>> 1> Your other points aside, you are making an erroneous presupposition
>>> yourself
>>> 1> there.
>>>
>>> What does your classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim have to do
>>> with C++, PHP, or Java, Lahn?
>>>
>>> 1> For whether your argument makes sense in the first place depends on
>>> 1> where "here" is.
>>>
>>> The context of my remark was clearly Lew's statement regarding what
>>> topics are expected in comp.lang.java.programmer, Lahn. Suffering from
>>> reading comprehension problems, Lahn?
>>>
>>> 1> You have posted to *three* newsgroups, only one where Java
>>> 1> is on-topic.
>>>
>>> Classic pontification.
>>>
>>> 1> (I am reading this in comp.lang.php.)
>>>
>>> What does that have to do with C++ or Java, Lahn?

>>> What does your request have to do with C++ or Java, Lahn?

>>> What does that have to do with C++, PHP, or Java, Lahn?

>> Don't worry about him - he's a well-known troll in several newsgroups.
>> He never does have anything of substance to add. If he didn't troll he
>> wouldn't be able to post.
>>

> "thingamabob" is clearly a troll also -- please don't feed them.

Yup, obviously, Doug. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of trying to
treat him like a human.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
(E-Mail Removed)
==================

thingamabob

On 19/05/2011 9:43 PM, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
2> Newsgroups: comp.lang.c++,comp.lang.php,comp.lang.java.program mer

2>> "thingamabob" is clearly a troll also -- please don't feed them.
2>
2> Yup, obviously, Doug.

In what way can Miller's classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim
*possibly* be classified as "obvious"?!

2> Unfortunately, I made the mistake of trying to treat him like a
2> human.

What does your classic erroneous presupposition have to do with C++,
PHP, or Java, Stuckle?

Michael Doubez

On 19 mai, 16:08, Lew <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Michael Doubez wrote:
> *> Lew wrote:
>
> *>> Michael Doubez wrote:*>>> Lew wrote:
> *>>>> bugbear wrote:
> *>>>>> Lew wrote:
>
> *>>>>>> Joe, if you want to discuss this with people who will take yourquestion
> *>>>>>> seriously, please feel free to do so. I apologize that I do notknow how
> *>>>>>> to answer your question, but I support your right to ask it. Atleast
> *>>>>>> among us practical-minded folk.
> *>>
> *>>>>> One might wonder why the comp hierarchy is split at all, following your
> "logic"
> *>>
> *>>>> I guess that depends on one's commitment to helping fellow programmers. *I
> *>>>> believe if you don't want to answer the OP in this thread, that you're being
> *>>>> insufficiently helpful. *Shame on you if true, because that means you
> want to
> *>>>> enforce some petty and arbitrary limit rather than help.
> *>>
> *>>> Argumentum ad misericordiam
> *>>
> *>> Misidentification of fallacy.
> *>
> *> So you say.
> *>
> *>> I'd already made the point that it's relevant
> *>> to one of the groups to which the OP posted, namely clj.programmer.
> *>
> *> I know java language is very large but AFAIS os tools like nslookup
> *> are not part of it and the OP's question is not related to
> *> programming.
> *>
> *>> * The
> *>> "programmer" part of that means that it's not about the language assuch, but
> *>> the skills needed to use it effectively. *I had argued that the question is
> *>> relevant there.
> *>
> *> The programmer part uses many skills, each of them can be classified
> *> in its related newsgroup. Nslookup is a os related problem. I may
> *> search in-depth at home and go to my os' newsgroup to ask the right
> *> people and not only to those that happen to be here.
> *>
> *>> * The appeal to sympathy is to show that the line was being
> *>> drawn arbitrarily fine.
> *>
> *> So you are basically saying that the sympathy proves something about
> *> the width of the line being drawn. That's basically ad misericordiam..
>
> I am saying that I already addressed the question of relevance,

Which I answered where/when you addressed it.

> and I think that you're being petty and mean to be so rigid.
> *>> * Nowhere am I suggesting that the discussion veer from
> *>> the subject of the newsgroup, *I only suggest that people not be such
> *>> namby-pamby nitpickers and be so doggedly exclusionary.
> *>
> *>> So while you show off your Latin quite nicely, it's irrelevant.
> *>
> *> That's the name of the sophism classification. I can't help it if it
> *> is in latin. Like the sophism, you are using now: ad hominem
> *> (dismissing what I said because of the use of latin [sic] supposedlychosen
> *> for showing off).
>
> Wow, good for you. *You parroted my helpful hint that I was using ad hominem.
> * That shows you paid attention when you read my post. *Congratulations on
> your ability to repeat what I said.

I did not bothered to correct you because you were not even wrong.
Simply insulting someone has nothing to do with 'ad hominem'.

> *>>> The reason why the people here are so helpful and the group is still
> *>>> alive is because some people do care enough to keep the discussions on
> *>>> topic.
> *>>
> *>> I don't know where your "here" is, but in this thread I'm arguing against the
> *>> people who are NOT being "so helpful".
> *>
> *> Here is comp.lang.c++ but I expect that OP posted in other helpful
> *> groups.
>
> Well, clj.programmer is a bit more tolerant than you.

Good for you. Then please stop polluting other groups.

> *>>> If it wasn't the case you wouldn't be able to ask your question here
> *>>> because everybody would be too busy chatting and exchanging reciepes.
> *>>> You would then have to ask elsewhere, which is exactely what the OP is
> *>>> invited to do.
> *>>
> *>> And also the OP is being invited EXACTLY to continue to post "here"for one
> *>> value of "here".
> *>
> *> Well, keep your "here" as comp.lang.java.programmer and please stop
> *> cross posting.
>
> Or what? *You'll call the Usenet Police?

I don't need to make threat or appeal to authority to make a point:
you are needlessly making noise in other groups.

--
Michael

nslookup gary MCSE 5 09-10-2008 08:25 AM
Vista RC2 - Unable to resolve Internet Names in IE but NSlookup works!! Martin NZ Computing 8 10-13-2006 04:49 AM
gethostbyaddr/nslookup failed kcw3388@hotmail.com C Programming 1 07-27-2005 02:07 AM
dns/nslookup not working Kevin Phelan Computer Support 1 12-07-2004 07:00 PM
NSLOOKUP Franco Figún ASP .Net 1 08-04-2004 11:30 PM

Advertisments