Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco 837 IOS Feature Sets

Cisco 837 IOS Feature Sets

jamesjnr jamesjnr is offline
Junior Member

Hi,

I have two Cisco 837 routers which are slightly different;

1 x CISCO837-K9-64
1 x CISCO837-SDM-K9-64

Now under the cisco download site for the 837 ADSL router there are two options for the latest IOS 12.4.25(md)

IP/FW/PLUS 3DES or IP/FW/3DES

My question is can I install the PLUS IOS onto both of these routers, I know that the SDM bit is just the management tool which can be installed manually onto the K9-64 but I am unsure of the PLUS feature set. Is the PLUS feature set a "Software" feature or does the hardware have to be specific to allow the install?

I'm fairly new to the world of Cisco so this may be a daft question, but I'm fairly new to cisco.

Thanks
james