Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Problem with wireless

Problem with wireless

Yiannis Patrikiadis

I have installed a wireless network which is consisting of an access point
and 2 PDA's. I called the wireless network "Rastoni" and I have set a WEP
security with shared authentication. The problem now I am facing is this. In
this area there are another 2 wireless networks named "bridgenm" and
"flap2". Both networks are opened with no security at all.

The problem now is this :

I am connecting to my network "Rastoni" but during the day I am loosing the
signal. The PDA is not coming back online and I think that the PDA is
connecting to the other networks (opened and unsecured) when the signal is
not too strong so I am loosing the connection to my network while the pda
connects to another one. I have already set the pDA to connect to Access
Points only but "flap2" is an access point and bridgenm is ad-hoc.

Is there anyway to tell the pda to connect only to "Rastoni" network? Any
other idea?

=?Utf-8?B?Y2h5ZQ==?=

flcc202053