Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Poor Olympus...dwindling

Poor Olympus...dwindling

RichA

On May 16, 9:25*pm, "The Henchman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> To the tune of about $40,000 over the last five years. *That's about
> the same as 100 soccer mom purchases, the ones most unmotivated sales
> people seem to like best.
>
> ---------------------------
>
> AH YES. *Everyone is a big spender on the internet. * Of coarse with a photo
> equipment budget like that I'm sure your property taxes are what $9 000 a
> year? *What's your mortgage about $5 000 a month? *I'm assuming you've saved
> about $60 000 for your child's education? *How's that BMW you are driving.
> those 535i's are sure nice. *Because if you are spending about $ 8 or $9 000
> a year on cameras then you do have a $200 000 a year job.
>
> Not a single person here believes you've spent $40 000 on cameras the last 5
> years and if you have you are the worst photographer known to the industry.

You are a moron. When I was dabbling in high-end audio, I knew
university students, ostensively broke, who somehow managed to acquire
$25k audio rigs. Spend a lot on a hobby in order to get exactly what
you like is normal. There are two people on Dpreview who have bought
every single camera release of note over the last five years. The one
fellow's collection numbers over 175. I tend to dump what I don't
like and get other things, but the spending adds up.

PeterN

On 5/17/2011 9:51 AM, George Kerby wrote:

> On 5/17/11 7:44 AM, in article
> e9ac9231-eb35-432f-a769-a2b3af14d8e9...oglegroups.com, "RichA"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On May 16, 9:25 pm, "The Henchman"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> To the tune of about $40,000 over the last five years. That's about
>>> the same as 100 soccer mom purchases, the ones most unmotivated sales
>>> people seem to like best.
>>>
>>> ---------------------------
>>>
>>> AH YES. Everyone is a big spender on the internet. Of coarse with a photo
>>> equipment budget like that I'm sure your property taxes are what $9 000 a
>>> year? What's your mortgage about $5 000 a month? I'm assuming you've saved
>>> about $60 000 for your child's education? How's that BMW you are driving.
>>> those 535i's are sure nice. Because if you are spending about $ 8 or $9 000
>>> a year on cameras then you do have a $200 000 a year job.
>>>
>>> Not a single person here believes you've spent $40 000 on cameras the last 5
>>> years and if you have you are the worst photographer known to the industry.

>> Spend a lot on a hobby in order to get exactly what you like is normal.

> Except you obviously have never found ANYTHING that you like.

Not true. He likes bullsh---ting

--
Peter

PeterN

On 5/18/2011 9:27 AM, Neil Harrington wrote:
> "The Henchman"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:iqsipa$16n$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>

>> To the tune of about $40,000 over the last five years. That's about
>> the same as 100 soccer mom purchases, the ones most unmotivated sales
>> people seem to like best.
>>
>> ---------------------------
>>

>> AH YES. Everyone is a big spender on the internet. Of coarse with a
>> photo equipment budget like that I'm sure your property taxes are what $9
>> 000 a year? What's your mortgage about $5 000 a month? I'm assuming
>> you've saved about $60 000 for your child's education? How's that BMW you
>> are driving. those 535i's are sure nice. Because if you are spending
>> about $ 8 or $9 000 a year on cameras then you do have a $200 000 a year
>> job.

> That's doesn't necessarily follow. I have often spent over $1,000 a month on
> photo equipment (this month, for example) and my retirement income isn't
> anywhere near $200,000 a year.
>
> Mostly it depends on what you choose to spend your money on.

True. I wonder how many digital Blad owners, professionals included,
earn more than $200,000, or even close to that number.

--
Peter

John Turco

RichA wrote:

> > On May 16, 9:25 pm, "The Henchman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > To the tune of about $40,000 over the last five years. That's about
> > the same as 100 soccer mom purchases, the ones most unmotivated sales
> > people seem to like best.

<edited for brevity>

> > Not a single person here believes you've spent $40 000 on cameras
> > the last 5 years and if you have you are the worst photographer
> > known to the industry.

"RichA" should've bought $40,000 worth of crayons and drawing paper,
in order to produce his pitiful pictures.

Oh, wait a moment...I think he >did< take that route, judging by the
abominations he's posted on PBase.

> You are a moron. When I was dabbling in high-end audio, I knew
> university students, ostensively broke, who somehow managed to
> acquire $25k audio rigs.

"Dabbling" is the right word, for >any< of your worthless efforts.

> Spend a lot on a hobby in order to get exactly what you like is
> normal. There are two people on Dpreview who have bought every
> single camera release of note over the last five years. The one
> fellow's collection numbers over 175. I tend to dump what I don't
> like and get other things, but the spending adds up.

Your day job as a Toronto garbage collector, gives you "loads" of
experience, with respect to "dumping" things.

--
Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>