Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Having a problem getting python working...

Having a problem getting python working...

Chris Paton

Hey all,

Not sure if this is the right place to put this (forgive me for my ignorance, I'm looking everywhere!). I'm having a problem getting IDLE working. I'm working off Mac OSX 10.6.7 with Python 3.2 installed and I installed Activetcl 8.5.9 as recommended. IDLE is still crashing at random moments - loading, saving, typing, compiling... I tried to do a simple 'hello world' but it kept crashing. There's no official report; I just get the spinning beach ball then have to force quit. I'm quite new to all of this so any help would be extremely appreciated. Need to get into this ASAP as I need to do some stuff for my thesis project!

Thanks!

Chris