Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Joke of the week

Reply
Thread Tools

Re: Joke of the week

 
 
Ray Fischer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-15-2011
PeterN <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On 5/13/2011 8:46 PM, Neil Harrington wrote:
>> In any case by your definition the present state of Israel has no connection
>> whatever with Herzlian Zionism, making that reference irrelevant. So don't
>> tell me *I* "don't even begin to comprehend the meaning of a Jewish State,"
>> explain it all to Netanyahu. (Like he's going to pay any attention to you
>> and your Herzl style Zionist ideas.)

>
>It would never occur to you that current Israeli actions are a reaction
>to rockets being launched,


It would never occur to you that the rockets are a reaction to Israeli
brutality and human rights violations. Palestinian children shot,
homes destroyed by the thousands, illegal settlements, dozens of
military checkpoints, near starvation of Gaza, bombs dropped in
civilian neighborhoods ...

In the US religious discrimination is not tolerated. In Israel it is
not only tolerated, it is law. Religious discimination is often a
legal requirement.

--
Ray Fischer | Mendocracy (n.) government by lying
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) | The new GOP ideal

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Ray Fischer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-15-2011
PeterN <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On 5/14/2011 5:20 PM, Neil Harrington wrote:
>> So the result is the situation we have today in that part of the world,
>> massive and growing hatred of the United States for our part in all this.
>> Without us the Zionists could never have succeeded in their crimes, which
>> continue to this day. And everyone knows this.

>
>Are you talking about the events of April 8, 1948.
>
>Here is the time line leading to that sad happening:
>Apr 2, 1948 - THE FACTS: DIR YASSIN MASSACRE: DIR YASSIN WAS A BASE OF
>ATTACK BY THE ARABS AGAINST THE JERUSALEM/ TEL AVIV ROAD. " On April 2,
>1948, the inhabitants of Deir Yassin began sniping at the Jewish
>Quarters of Bet Hakerem and Yefe Nof.


And, no surprise, you quote Israel propaganda in an attempt to justify
your bigotry. Thousands of Palestinians forced to flee for their
lives, but curiously you blame the Palestinians. You're so blinded by
religious hatred that you no longer even wonder at the incongruity.

--
Ray Fischer | Mendocracy (n.) government by lying
(E-Mail Removed) | The new GOP ideal

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
dj_nme
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-15-2011
On 15/05/2011 5:59 PM, Ray Fischer wrote:
> PeterN<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On 5/14/2011 5:20 PM, Neil Harrington wrote:
>>> So the result is the situation we have today in that part of the world,
>>> massive and growing hatred of the United States for our part in all this.
>>> Without us the Zionists could never have succeeded in their crimes, which
>>> continue to this day. And everyone knows this.

>>
>> Are you talking about the events of April 8, 1948.
>>
>> Here is the time line leading to that sad happening:
>> Apr 2, 1948 - THE FACTS: DIR YASSIN MASSACRE: DIR YASSIN WAS A BASE OF
>> ATTACK BY THE ARABS AGAINST THE JERUSALEM/ TEL AVIV ROAD. " On April 2,
>> 1948, the inhabitants of Deir Yassin began sniping at the Jewish
>> Quarters of Bet Hakerem and Yefe Nof.

>
> And, no surprise, you quote Israel propaganda in an attempt to justify
> your bigotry. Thousands of Palestinians forced to flee for their
> lives, but curiously you blame the Palestinians. You're so blinded by
> religious hatred that you no longer even wonder at the incongruity.
>


....and you haven't bothered to fact-check to see if the "unprovoked"
attack in Dir Yassin actually was provoked by what was described above.
You would seem to be consumed by the usual anti-Israel hatred that the
"do-gooders" claim isn't an extension of the traditional anti-Semitism
and have swallowed the anti-Israeli propaganda hook line & sinker
because it fits easily into the old hatreds.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Bob Dobbs
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-15-2011
dj_nme wrote:
>the usual anti-Israel hatred


Why is there such animosity towards those
claiming to be god's chosen?
Seems that they have garnered universal odium.
--

http://bit.ly/g2PCII
 
Reply With Quote
 
Bruce
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-15-2011
Bob Dobbs <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>dj_nme wrote:
>>the usual anti-Israel hatred

>
>Why is there such animosity towards those
>claiming to be god's chosen?
>Seems that they have garnered universal odium.




It's the same with any nation, ethnic group, belief system or class of
people that consider themselves superior to all others. Their sense
of superiority means that they can commit crimes against humanity,
sometimes brutal and barbaric, yet they believe that they have done no
wrong. Then they wonder why they are so hated.

The Nazis, the Soviets, various Empires, even Al Qaeda, have elevated
themselves to a position of superiority and committed terrible crimes.
Unfortunately, Israel seems determined to follow a similar path
because, as you say, they believe they are "God's chosen people".

 
Reply With Quote
 
PeterN
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-15-2011
On 5/15/2011 3:30 AM, Ray Fischer wrote:
> PeterN<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On 5/13/2011 8:46 PM, Neil Harrington wrote:
>>> In any case by your definition the present state of Israel has no connection
>>> whatever with Herzlian Zionism, making that reference irrelevant. So don't
>>> tell me *I* "don't even begin to comprehend the meaning of a Jewish State,"
>>> explain it all to Netanyahu. (Like he's going to pay any attention to you
>>> and your Herzl style Zionist ideas.)

>>
>> It would never occur to you that current Israeli actions are a reaction
>> to rockets being launched,

>
> It would never occur to you that the rockets are a reaction to Israeli
> brutality and human rights violations. Palestinian children shot,
> homes destroyed by the thousands, illegal settlements, dozens of
> military checkpoints, near starvation of Gaza, bombs dropped in
> civilian neighborhoods ...
>


You are parroting exactly what would be expected from a people who use
schools and hospitals for the placement of rockets.


> In the US religious discrimination is not tolerated. In Israel it is
> not only tolerated, it is law. Religious discimination is often a
> legal requirement.
>


There are more Arab citizens of Israel, than Jews in Syria, Lebanon,
Saudi Arabia, Yemen Jordan and Iraq.
Ever ask why the remaining Jewish population of all of those countries
left?

Ever wonder why what you call the Palestinians were thrown out of
Jordan, Syria and Lebanon?
Do you even notice that the largest transplant bank for Arabs is
maintained in Israel?


--
Peter
 
Reply With Quote
 
Bob Dobbs
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-15-2011
Bruce wrote:
>Bob Dobbs <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>dj_nme wrote:
>>>the usual anti-Israel hatred

>>
>>Why is there such animosity towards those
>>claiming to be god's chosen?
>>Seems that they have garnered universal odium.

>
>
>
>It's the same with any nation, ethnic group, belief system or class of
>people that consider themselves superior to all others. Their sense
>of superiority means that they can commit crimes against humanity,
>sometimes brutal and barbaric, yet they believe that they have done no
>wrong. Then they wonder why they are so hated.
>
>The Nazis, the Soviets, various Empires, even Al Qaeda, have elevated
>themselves to a position of superiority and committed terrible crimes.
>Unfortunately, Israel seems determined to follow a similar path
>because, as you say, they believe they are "God's chosen people".


Wouldn't the esteemed (at least in some quarters) American CIA tend to fall into
the classification of egotistical arrogance with their supercilious incursions
into the territory and affairs of sovereign nations?
--

http://bit.ly/g2PCII
 
Reply With Quote
 
Bruce
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-15-2011
Bob Dobbs <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Bruce wrote:
>>Bob Dobbs <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>dj_nme wrote:
>>>>the usual anti-Israel hatred
>>>
>>>Why is there such animosity towards those
>>>claiming to be god's chosen?
>>>Seems that they have garnered universal odium.

>>
>>
>>
>>It's the same with any nation, ethnic group, belief system or class of
>>people that consider themselves superior to all others. Their sense
>>of superiority means that they can commit crimes against humanity,
>>sometimes brutal and barbaric, yet they believe that they have done no
>>wrong. Then they wonder why they are so hated.
>>
>>The Nazis, the Soviets, various Empires, even Al Qaeda, have elevated
>>themselves to a position of superiority and committed terrible crimes.
>>Unfortunately, Israel seems determined to follow a similar path
>>because, as you say, they believe they are "God's chosen people".

>
>Wouldn't the esteemed (at least in some quarters) American CIA tend to fall into
>the classification of egotistical arrogance with their supercilious incursions
>into the territory and affairs of sovereign nations?



I couldn't possibly comment.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Bruce
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-15-2011
Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>On 2011-05-15 12:09:34 -0700, Bob Dobbs <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>> Bruce wrote:
>>> Bob Dobbs <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>> dj_nme wrote:
>>>>> the usual anti-Israel hatred
>>>>
>>>> Why is there such animosity towards those
>>>> claiming to be god's chosen?
>>>> Seems that they have garnered universal odium.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> It's the same with any nation, ethnic group, belief system or class of
>>> people that consider themselves superior to all others. Their sense
>>> of superiority means that they can commit crimes against humanity,
>>> sometimes brutal and barbaric, yet they believe that they have done no
>>> wrong. Then they wonder why they are so hated.
>>>
>>> The Nazis, the Soviets, various Empires, even Al Qaeda, have elevated
>>> themselves to a position of superiority and committed terrible crimes.
>>> Unfortunately, Israel seems determined to follow a similar path
>>> because, as you say, they believe they are "God's chosen people".

>>
>> Wouldn't the esteemed (at least in some quarters) American CIA tend to
>> fall into
>> the classification of egotistical arrogance with their supercilious incursions
>> into the territory and affairs of sovereign nations?

>
>An ingrained part of our Anglo-Saxon heritage.
>We are still trying to shake off some of the pre-1776 habits.



Pay off those back taxes, and you will be welcome to rejoin the
Empire. We can offer a selection of easy payment plans ...

 
Reply With Quote
 
Whisky-dave
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-16-2011
On May 13, 10:43*pm, tony cooper <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Fri, 13 May 2011 06:11:51 -0700 (PDT), RichA <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> >On May 13, 12:33*am, tony cooper <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> On Thu, 12 May 2011 22:11:08 -0400, "Neil Harrington" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> >> wrote:

>
> >> >"tony cooper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> >> >> On Thu, 12 May 2011 14:44:28 -0400, Bowser <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>
> >> >>>On 5/12/2011 11:00 AM, Neil Harrington wrote:
> >> >>>> "Bowser"<(E-Mail Removed)> *wrote in message
> >> >>>>news:wvKdnZtIf4ncSlbQnZ2dnUVZ_sCdnZ2d@giganews .com...
> >> >>>>> On 5/11/2011 11:07 PM, Rich wrote:
> >> >>>>>> Pathetic.

>
> >> >>>>>>http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...00&thread=3839...

>
> >> >>>>> I suppose Hillary should be flattered. She was removed because the
> >> >>>>> imbeciles who edit that paper considered her sexually suggestive..

>
> >> >>>> No, it was just because the editors of that paper don't print pictures
> >> >>>> of
> >> >>>> women for religious reasons. They believe it degrades women or something
> >> >>>> like that.

>
> >> >>>I quote the article:

>
> >> >>>"The Hasidic newspaper will not intentionally include any images of
> >> >>>women in the paper because it could be considered sexually suggestive. "

>
> >> >>>Ipso Fatso, Hillary is sexually suggestive.

>
> >> >> For a newspaper to print a photograph that has been so drastically
> >> >> modified as to remove a person of significance to the event is totally
> >> >> wrong. *That's manipulating news.

>
> >> >How is it "manipulating news"? What news fact has been misrepresentedin
> >> >this case?

>
> >> Are you kidding? *

>
> >> The photograph is a recording of the people on the President's staff
> >> who attended the meeting in the White House Situation Room. *It is a
> >> blatant manipulation of a news item to remove two people from that
> >> group and not clearly indicate that the photograph has been altered to
> >> remove those two people. *The US Secretary of State has been removed
> >> and the resulting photograph presents a scene that says she wasn't
> >> there.

>
> >> This is an official White House photo with the following standard
> >> instruction for official White House photos:

>
> >> "This official White House photograph is being made available only for
> >> publication by news organizations and/or for personal use printing by
> >> the subject(s) of the photograph. The photograph may not be
> >> manipulated in any way and may not be used in commercial or political
> >> materials, advertisements, emails, products, promotions that in any
> >> way suggests approval or endorsement of the President, the First
> >> Family, or the White House."

>
> >> >They don't print pictures of women. Presumably their regular (Hasidic
> >> >Jewish) readership understands this. I don't see how it's anyone else's
> >> >business.

>
> >> >> It would have been acceptable, in my opinion, to have cropped the
> >> >> image to include only the men on the left and captioned it as
> >> >> representing some of the attendees in the Situation Room.

>
> >> >So join that synagogue and make clear to them what you regard as acceptable,
> >> >and what not. I'd love to be there to see with what close and thoughtful
> >> >attention they hear your views.

>
> >> You are completely clueless. *There is no particular synagogue
> >> involved in this. *Hasidic Judaism is a branch of Orthodox Judaism
> >> that is world-wide.

>
> >> Di Tzeitung is a newspaper. *As a matter of fact, Di Tzeitung has
> >> issued an apology to the White House saying: *"We should not have
> >> published the altered picture, and we have conveyed our regrets and
> >> apologies to the White House and to the State Department." *They've
> >> listened to the views. *

>
> >They are liars. *No way this was just a little mistake of lack of
> >forethought. *No one is that stupid. *Like everything else, Israeli
> >official bodies do some outrageous things, and because the U.S.
> >politicians are always too timid to say anthing, criticism from other
> >quarters rolls off them like water off a duck's back.

>
> WTF? *What does Israel have to do with this? *
>
> Di Tzeitung is a weekly newspaper in Brooklyn. *Brooklyn is in the
> USA.


Nah Brooklyn's one of Beckhams kids

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
joke-dirty joke Joyce Danielson Computer Support 0 02-08-2005 11:42 PM
Blonde Joke of the Week Toolman Tim Computer Support 15 10-30-2004 06:44 AM
ASP.NET: Day / Work Week / Week / Month web calendar control with view like MS Outlook ASP .Net 3 12-22-2003 10:42 PM
ASP.NET: Day / Work Week / Week / Month web calendar control with view like MS Outlook ASP .Net Building Controls 3 12-22-2003 10:42 PM
How can I click on a joke and have a new joke appear? Michael Javascript 16 09-26-2003 10:06 PM



Advertisments