Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Android 3.0 “Honeycomb”

Android 3.0 “Honeycomb”

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Finally got Android 3.0 running in the emulator that comes with the Android
SDK. I’d already discovered (before I got my HTC) that the emulator is
sluggish. Boy is it sluggish. When the Android 3.0 update arrived a month or
two back, I tried running it, but even after over 20 minutes, it still
hadn’t finished booting up.

I think it might have been a RAM issue: my old machine only had 2GiB, my
current one has 8GiB. Tried the same emulator instance I previously created,
and this time it was ready to go after just a couple of minutes.

By the way, Android 3.1 is already available in the SDK. Expect devices to
start appearing soon...