Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: Why Don't People Like This Interface

Re: Why Don't People Like This Interface

jeff

On 5/5/2011 4:27 PM, Jeff wrote:
> Check ou my little thing at www.reframer.com. Some people have told me they
> don't like the look and feel of that page. So, can you tell me, why
> specifically, people don't like it? Tnx, - Jeff

/*

You have content, and that is a very good thing.

Aesthetically. None of those colors go together. Pick some that do,
find a color wheel either online or at a paint store. Ditch the table
borders, looks last decade, century, millennia. Generally you are
looking for colors 120 degrees apart, or colors in the same hue. If you
want contrast, then 180.

The default font at the default size is rarely a good look. And it
doesn't even get you any friends in this default font loving group. So
why use it?

Ditch the frameset, if you can.

You've got some interesting stuff collected:

http://www.odd50.com/

But your navigation doesn't allow you to find it, or navigate around.

I think you could do something with your site, you have more than
many personal sites.

*/

dorayme

In article <iqcpc5$ejc$(E-Mail Removed)>,
jeff <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> The default font at the default size is rarely a good look. And it
> doesn't even get you any friends in this default font loving group.

Nonsense, there have been happy marriages and intense love
affairs because of it. At one such union, the happy couple were
dressed in serif and sans-serif gear and looked very fetching,
both, of course, at default size.

--
dorayme