Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > What a Bloody Rip Off

What a Bloody Rip Off

Possible

The Panasonic HD recorders Models DMR-XW480 500g HD (not sold at $899au

And the DMR-XW380 with a 250G HD is $699au that is sold here and
can be got for $600NZ if you shop around.

But wait So you pay $200au for a extra 250...???

These later Freeview models have a lot of features removed like you cant
not skip adds, or delete them, this is not a Freeview thing but a TV
thing as you must watch the Adds.

So you pay $200au for a extra 250...???

From what I have seen that all other PVR recorders are even more over
priced and lack even more features like no DVD recorder and all are
totally unreliable from many reviews that I have read.

Another Bug that I have found myself on a Set top box and also is some
reviews.

You cant set the Timer to record say every Wednesday, unless it set up
on Wednesday, so if you see a program that you find out on say Monday
you cant set it up on Monday to record every week on Wednesday.

Possible

On Mon, 09 May 2011 07:27:40 +1200, whoisthis <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Possible <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> The Panasonic HD recorders Models DMR-XW480 500g HD (not sold at $899au
>>
>> And the DMR-XW380 with a 250G HD is $699au that is sold here and
>> can be got for $600NZ if you shop around.
>>

>> But wait So you pay $200au for a extra 250...???
>>
>> These later Freeview models have a lot of features removed like you cant
>> not skip adds, or delete them, this is not a Freeview thing but a TV
>> thing as you must watch the Adds.
>>

>> So you pay $200au for a extra 250...???
>>
>> From what I have seen that all other PVR recorders are even more over
>> priced and lack even more features like no DVD recorder and all are
>> totally unreliable from many reviews that I have read.
>>

>> Another Bug that I have found myself on a Set top box and also is some
>> reviews.
>>

>> You cant set the Timer to record say every Wednesday, unless it set up
>> on Wednesday, so if you see a program that you find out on say Monday
>> you cant set it up on Monday to record every week on Wednesday.

>Get yourself an Apple Mac mini and a USB Video adaptor.
>May cost more buy you have far better control, and you can also use it
>for play DVDs with, music with, surf the web with etc etc etc. Oh and it
>should also come with a remote, but add on a bluetooth keyboard and
>mouse and you are away.

Can my Wife drive that..???

Possible

On Mon, 09 May 2011 07:40:07 +1200, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 9/05/2011 7:27 a.m., whoisthis wrote:
>> In article<(E-Mail Removed) >,
>> Possible<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> The Panasonic HD recorders Models DMR-XW480 500g HD (not sold at $899au
>>>
>>> And the DMR-XW380 with a 250G HD is $699au that is sold here and
>>> can be got for $600NZ if you shop around.
>>>

>>> But wait So you pay $200au for a extra 250...???
>>>
>>> These later Freeview models have a lot of features removed like you cant
>>> not skip adds, or delete them, this is not a Freeview thing but a TV
>>> thing as you must watch the Adds.
>>>

>>> So you pay $200au for a extra 250...???
>>>
>>> From what I have seen that all other PVR recorders are even more over
>>> priced and lack even more features like no DVD recorder and all are
>>> totally unreliable from many reviews that I have read.
>>>

>>> Another Bug that I have found myself on a Set top box and also is some
>>> reviews.
>>>

>>> You cant set the Timer to record say every Wednesday, unless it set up
>>> on Wednesday, so if you see a program that you find out on say Monday
>>> you cant set it up on Monday to record every week on Wednesday.

>> Get yourself an Apple Mac mini and a USB Video adaptor.
>> May cost more buy you have far better control, and you can also use it
>> for play DVDs with, music with, surf the web with etc etc etc. Oh and it
>> should also come with a remote, but add on a bluetooth keyboard and
>> mouse and you are away.

>Woger won't buy one of those Crap (tm) macs that run on Lunix (R).

No I want a single box not a bunch of crap that my Wife could not use.

Possible

On Mon, 09 May 2011 22:50:10 +1200, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 9/05/2011 7:56 p.m., Possible wrote:

>>> Woger won't buy one of those Crap (tm) macs that run on Lunix (R).

>> No I want a single box not a bunch of crap that my Wife could not use.

>So your wife is even more technically inept than you are Woger? The
>user interface on a Mac is better than most DVRs.

Yes and some $1000 more, you are a Joke.