Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Is something wrong with eternal-september?

Is something wrong with eternal-september?

Geopelia

For the last few hours, I keep getting "can't connect to the server" from
eternal-september.

Is anything wrong their end? If not, shall I just wait, or do I need to do
something please?
Are they doing maintenance or something? They were OK last night.

I'm sending this from aioe, so I don't think it is just this computer.

Geopelia

Peter

Geopelia wrote:
> For the last few hours, I keep getting "can't connect to the server" from
> eternal-september.
>
> Is anything wrong their end? If not, shall I just wait, or do I need to do
> something please?
> Are they doing maintenance or something? They were OK last night.
>
> I'm sending this from aioe, so I don't think it is just this computer.

Yes, something seems to be wrong. I get similar error message here.

The server status at the website says ok, but zero NNTP session for the last
few hours.
http://www.eternal-september.org/ser...hp?language=en

David Empson

Peter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Geopelia wrote:
> > For the last few hours, I keep getting "can't connect to the server" from
> > eternal-september.
> >
> > Is anything wrong their end? If not, shall I just wait, or do I need to do
> > something please?
> > Are they doing maintenance or something? They were OK last night.
> >
> > I'm sending this from aioe, so I don't think it is just this computer.

> Yes, something seems to be wrong. I get similar error message here.
>
> The server status at the website says ok, but zero NNTP session for the last
> few hours.
> http://www.eternal-september.org/ser...hp?language=en

eternal-september has been working fine for me this afternoon. I
connected about 2 pm (NZ time) and again about 2:30.

--
David Empson

Squiggle

On 8/05/2011 1:55 p.m., Geopelia threw some characters down the intarwebs:
> For the last few hours, I keep getting "can't connect to the server" from
> eternal-september.
>
> Is anything wrong their end? If not, shall I just wait, or do I need to do
> something please?
> Are they doing maintenance or something? They were OK last night.
>
> I'm sending this from aioe, so I don't think it is just this computer.
>
> Geopelia

Yep, its been on the fritx a bit this afternoon. I've been getting some
strange error messages but it seems to be fine now.

Geopelia

news:4dc5f90f$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Geopelia wrote:
>> For the last few hours, I keep getting "can't connect to the server" from
>> eternal-september.
>>
>> Is anything wrong their end? If not, shall I just wait, or do I need to
>> do
>> something please?
>> Are they doing maintenance or something? They were OK last night.
>>
>> I'm sending this from aioe, so I don't think it is just this computer.

> Yes, something seems to be wrong. I get similar error message here.
>
> The server status at the website says ok, but zero NNTP session for the
> last
> few hours.
> http://www.eternal-september.org/ser...hp?language=en

I tried that website. I see the current number of sessions has been 0 for
some hours.
I wonder if they know something is wrong, but I expect somebody has told
them.

Geopelia

"Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:iq5bj5$ct9$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4dc5f90f$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Geopelia wrote:
>>> For the last few hours, I keep getting "can't connect to the server"
>>> from
>>> eternal-september.
>>>
>>> Is anything wrong their end? If not, shall I just wait, or do I need to
>>> do
>>> something please?
>>> Are they doing maintenance or something? They were OK last night.
>>>
>>> I'm sending this from aioe, so I don't think it is just this computer.

>> Yes, something seems to be wrong. I get similar error message here.
>>
>> The server status at the website says ok, but zero NNTP session for the
>> last
>> few hours.
>> http://www.eternal-september.org/ser...hp?language=en
>>

> I tried that website. I see the current number of sessions has been 0 for
> some hours.
> I wonder if they know something is wrong, but I expect somebody has told
> them.

I've just tried restarting the computer, and that seems to have fixed the
problem.

But why could I get aioe but not eternal-september?